Chapter Four

Oh God.

I watched in slow motion as Lucca launched himself into the arms of the man who I thought was his chauffeur. How could I have been so stupid? Of course he wasn't the chauffeur. No chauffeur would ever wear an Armani suit and Italian leather shoes.

I bit my lip as I watched the God in front of me hug Lucca tighter and whisper intensely in Italian to him all the while checking to see if he was hurt.

I let myself smile as Lucca tried to stop his Father from fussing over him.

" I'm fine, Papa!" Lucca said.

Suddenly those striking green emerald bore into my dull brown ones.

"Thank you for keeping my son safe, Miss..."

I felt my womb clench as his voice sent shivers down my spine

"Anna" I breathed

"Anna" the sound of my name rolling off his tongue was enough to dampen my panty. I squeezed my legs together at the foreign feeling this hunky Italian brought upon me.

"And you are?" I asked trying to ease away some of the tension.

As if knowing the effect he has on me I watched as his eyes traveled down my body slowly, darkening as it stopped for a few seconds on my chest and on my core before slowly moving back up up to my eyes.

"Nicholai."

"Miss Annie and I baked cookies today, Papa!" Lucca's sudden interruption caused me to look away from those hypnotizing green eyes and I felt my face turn into a bright shade of red.

Get a grip, Anna!

"Really? How nice of Miss Anna to let you help her then. However, you and I have a lot to talk about mister. Did I not tell you not to leave school without Derek?" Nicholai said putting Lucca on the floor and bending down to his level.

Pouting his lips Lucca looked down and said "Miss Meredith said I have to wait for her at the cafe. Mr. Black said Miss Meredith told you she'd pick me up today."

I watched as Nicholai eyes harden at the mention of the name Meredith.

"I am sorry, Papa" Lucca said.

"What matters is that you are safe, piccolo" Nicholai said placing a kiss on Lucca's forehead.

Standing up he grabbed Lucca's hand in his and his bag in the other.

"Would you like us to drop you off somewhere, Anna?" Nicholai asked breaking me out of my revere

"N-no. I still have to tidy the place up a bit" I lied. The place was spotless. And he knew it.

Raising his eyebrows he said " Well then. Thank you again for your help."

Smiling I reached down and ruffled Lucca's hair "It was nothing. You have a wonderful son."

I looked up to find him already staring at me.

"Thank you"
▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪

I'm back!!! Hello, darlings!

Having a little trouble though. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO WRITE ANYMORE 😥😟