10: Who's Fault?

BANG

I open my eyes to see Zach on the ground bleeding and I apply pressure to his stomach and the door burst open and Hotch, Rossi, Morgan, J.J, and Emily were pointing their guns at me, Zach and Andrew.

Andrew still had his gun drawn and pointed at me but I kept saying, "Hold on Zach, you're going to be okay."

Morgan went behind Andrew and caught him by surprise and got the gun while Emily handcuffed him.

I hear sirens from the distance and J.J. kneels down helping me apply pressure and Hotch pulled me away from him as I cried, "No, STOP!"

I'm struggling to break free from Hotch and Rossi comes up to me trying to calm me down.

I end up falling to the ground crying in Rossi's arms. Rossi holds me and whispers in my ear, "It's okay. Everything is going to be fine."

I shook my head and looked at Rossi and say, "No, everything is not okay. This is all my fault."

I knew I was in shock but I couldn't help but fight to see Zach. I knew there was good in him and I don't want to lose him.

I don't remember what happened next, but I woke up in the hospital with Rossi next to me.

I was tired and didn't know where I was so I asked, "Where am I?"

Rossi helped me sit up and he said, "You're in the hospital. After we found you you were very upset so the paramedics sedated you because you wouldn't let them touch you."

I looked around still in a daze and said, "Zach where's he?"

"Zach got shot. He's in recovery right now," Rossi said trying to calm me down.

I am struggling to get up but Rossi keeps telling me to sit down but I got up and said, "I need to see him. He needs to know I'm okay."

I got up and Rossi grabbed my arm and guided me to a wheelchair and pushed me to his room. There were monitors on him and he was slightly awake. I held his hand and he turned to me and smiled.

His other hand was chained to the gurney and I wanted him to be set free but because he kidnapped me he couldn't be released.

He looked at me and said, "There's MORE!"

His heartbeat started to increase and I tried to calm him but he kept saying, "There is More."

I asked, "What do you mean there's more."

He grabbed my hand and held it tight and looked into my eyes and said, "We were not only ones who were kidnapped. We one of them but there are many families like Montgomery's."

His heart rate speeds up even more and that's when multiple nurses came in and told me I had to leave so Rossi rolled me out of the room.

We get back into my room and a nurse walks in and says I can be released but need to take it carefully for a few days.

I nodded and Rossi took me to his house and said, "You can stay with me until you are fully recovered."

I rolled my eyes and said, "Rossi, I just need to take it easy, I'm not immobile."

He looked at me and said, "You are not going home alone. You can barely get up without getting dizzy. Please let me do this for you, kid. If not for me then for Jason."

I finally realized why he wanted to take care of me. I asked, "Do you feel bad that you couldn't take care of me when Jason died?"

He looked at me and nodded and said, "I was in Vegas when I got a call from the foster system. At first, I said yes and would be there as soon as I could but I made a mistake and got drunk and married. When I didn't show up the next day you were put into a home and the system didn't want you to be with me is I drank and forgot about you."

I grabbed his hand and said, "It's not your fault," but he shook his head and disagreed.

"I know you feel guilty but I don't blame you for this. Everything happens for a reason," I said and continued, "I turned out to be okay even with my past."

He smiles and said, "You know I never got to raise a child and you were my chance but even though I didn't raise you I saw you grow up to be this amazingly beautiful young woman who will take this world by storm."

I hugged him and he said, "I'm going to make pasta."

I laughed and said, "I finally get to have the famous pasta everyone was talking about."

That night after pasta and a movie I fell asleep and had a dreamed about my father. But, it wasn't my point of view but my mother's.

"I'm pregnant. You're the father," she says to a man turned around having his back face her.

He slowly turned around and it was...

I woke up suddenly and didn't understand who that man was. I've never seen that man ever in my life. After that, I couldn't go back to sleep.

It was only 6 AM so I wasn't too terribly tired but enough for Rossi to notice and say, "I'm not going to go into work today. I'll stay-"

"No," I stood up a little unsteadily but continued, "I have paperwork and you need to go back. I'll be fine and to make you feel better I will stay in my cubical."

Rossi was reluctant but agreed and said, "You have to ask me or a team member for help got it," I nodded and slowly got ready.

We entered the BAU and everyone started to crowd me and helped me sit. So many questions were being thrown at me and all I could do is wait until they stopped.

I started with, "Yes I am okay, No I am not going on the field, Yes I am just here to do paperwork," everyone laughed and Hotch walked up and then they scattered.

"I thought I told you not to come back for a few," Hotch asked but before I could answer Rossi chimed in saying, "I didn't want her to be home alone and she is only doing paperwork."

Hotch looked at me and I just nodded agreeing with Rossi.

Hotch left and I started working and Spencer sat at his desk which was conveniently next to me.

I leaned over and whispered, "Spence," he looked at me and was confused but I waved my hand motioning him to come here.

He walked over to me and I asked, "Do you know anything about dream analysis?"

"Yes, it's quite interesting, is the interpretation of dreams to determine their underlying meanings. Freudian dream analysis relies on symbolism," Spencer said very intrigued.

I told him about the dream I had, "It was my conscience but someone else's p point of view. In my dream, it seemed like I was my mother's point of view. Not my adoptive mom but biological mom because she tells a man that she is pregnant and he's the father. He was turning around but that's when I woke up."

He was listening and said, "Maybe you're worried about who your mother is or your father is."

I agreed but said, "The man in my dream I didn't recognize at all. Fraklin Homer is my father but in my dream, the man looked nothing like Franklin at all."