Chapter 20 - Damage & Comfort

I want all of my amazing readers to comment. Let me know what you think... I want too know! :) Enjoy !!

____________________-

I was woken up by a continuous vibrating noise beneath me. Forcing my eyelids opened, I grabbed my phone and answered whoever was crazy to call me so late at night, “Hello...”

“Rebecca! I called Ryan and he’s drunk, screaming and breaking a hell of a lot of things.” He screamed into my ear.

My mind was too sleepy to comprehend anything he was saying but I replied anyways, “Huh? Joe it’s three in the damn morning. Not a great time for your stupid practical jokes.”

“I’m not joking Rebecca. Ryan probably to meant to hang up in my face but since he’s probably been drinking all night, he forgot and I heard him screaming and glass breaking. I thought he was home and I was wondering if you could go check on him.” Joe replied, with a worried voice.

I opened Ryan’s lamp and sat up before saying, “I’m in his room. He hasn’t been home all day. So I figure I’m going to have to go check on his drunken ass before he does some serious damage. And if this is some practical joke I will rip your balls off and hang them above your fireplace.”

“It’s not a joke Becca. I’m serious. Please let me know what happens, because I’d go look for him but my parents are awake and I can’t sneak out or they won’t let me be with Star.” He explained.

I felt bad that Joe always felt that he was responsible for taking care of Ryan’s dumb behavior. This time I’d help him out. Even if I was attempting to sleep I wouldn’t want Ryan to be the reason my best friend and her boyfriend aren’t able to be together. So I quickly took the address of Mr. Atwood’s house from Joe and put on a hoodie I found in Ryan’s room before I snuck out the house. Getting out the house was easy but when I started my car I honestly felt my heart beat so fast I thought I was going to have a heart attack, but after I pulled out the driveway and started following the GPS toward the house, I felt myself calm down. Pressing on the radio, I listened to some soothing country music and continued to my drive. About half an hour later I finally arrived at my destination.

Turning off my engine, I got out the car and went toward the front door. I hesitated on opening it when I heard glass shattering and Ryan screaming, but I pushed open the door and walked inside. The image in front of me left me speechless. I was ready to scream at Ryan, even hit him a couple times but when I saw tables, chairs, glass and windows broken all over the living room, I didn’t know what to say. It looked like the fight scene in some action movie. Everything was destroyed and damaged.Then I saw Ryan in the corner of the room drinking a bottle of beer before throwing it out the now shattered window. He was just sitting there in complete darkness chugging down bottles and bottles of beer.