Chapter 22.

It was a Wednesday noon, and slowly I could feel myself feeling better. After breaking up with Savannah, it was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. It felt good, knowing I was pretty much free from the situation. The only that still got to me was that Avery wasn't with me. I guess I never really knew how much I cared for her, or loved her, until she walked out of my life. I've always loved her as a friend, and I know now I love her more than a friend. I miss her like crazy every single day, but it's like my heart was getting use to missing her.

Uncle David hasn't gotten back to me about Avery, and I haven't asked him either. I don't want to get my hopes up. Besides, I know he'll update me if there was something to update on. Lately I've been more open with my family. After talking to my Mom, I feel like I slowly started to come out of my room more. Eventually I told my Dad about Avery as well, and he told me he wasn't surprised. He knew it had to do something with a girl, he just didn't know which one.

I was at the Senior table with my friends. After the break up, Savannah had a glow up I guess you could say. She dressed differently, but in a better way. She seemed more like herself, and like she wasn't trying so hard anymore. I liked the new Savannah, she seemed more approachable not really like the bitch she is or was.

"Hey, so it's fine, right?" Jacob asked moving my shoulder.

I broke out of my trance, and I looked at him. I guess I got distracted. He was telling me about Grace, but I didn't catch many of things he was saying.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked him. Logan laughed and smacked my shoulder.

"Snap out of it, what were you thinking about?" Logan asked.

"Avery, probably," Jacob answered. 

I shot a glance at him. How did he know about Avery? I wondered at first, but it quickly hit me. He's pretty much dating my sister, Grace must of told him. I didn't care if she did tell him or not, at this point I didn't really care. I wanted to be with Avery, and I wanted to actually tell everyone we were together. Knowing Grace, she probably told him when I wasn't talking to anyone. When I was just in my room, worrying the rest of my family about my mental health.

"Avery? Whose Avery?" Logan asked. Jacob looked at me, trying to apologize probably for spilling the beans. I smiled at him, I wasn't mad about this.

"Avery Madison, she was a sophomore at this school. She's a foster child. She just recently moved away," I answered Logan's question. Logan still seemed a little confused, but he got the main idea. She meant something to me.

"Anyways, I was asking you if it's okay if I date your sister. I know we kind of started behind your back, and I'm sorry about that. Is it okay, though? Your Dad seemed pretty good about it," Jacob said. I smiled at him and nodded. At least one of should happy, if I can't be with Avery.

"It's fine, as long as you don't hurt her. Don't cheat on her, don't lead her on if you don't have feelings for her anymore. If you lose feelings, that's fine, I can't hold that against you. I just don't want you to lead her on, and keep her guessing what your feelings are towards her," I said to him.

Both Logan and Jacob looked at me shocked, like they weren't expecting any of that to come out of my mouth. I don't blame them for looking at me like this, I don't usually speak like that. Something has came over me. Ever since Avery left, something has came over me. I guess a new found respect for women grew, because I know what I did to Savannah wasn't right. What I'm telling Jacob not to do to my sister, is because I pretty much did it to Savannah. I might of done it to Avery, but she kind of did it to me too.

"I won't do that her, I really care about her," Jacob said. I nodded at him, not sure what else to say to him.

"So... what was the deal with you and this Avery?" Logan asked.