Chapter 17.

I waited in my car, for a little over half an hour. I didn't mind though, I trust Avery. She wouldn't leave me hanging like that. While I waited for her, I was mostly watching Youtube on my phone. It helped to kill time. I knew I was waiting out there for a good while, but it didn't even feel like it because of the videos.

Almost an hour later, I got a text message from Avery.

You can come up now.

As soon as I read the text, I don't know why I started to feel nervous. It was my second time I was here with Avery, and I wasn't even sure what I was doing here now. I came to apologize, I know that much. I could of done it over message, or even over the phone. I decided to come to her house though. I somehow decided this was a better idea, and maybe it was. Besides, I get to see her in person again. I loved talking to her, and just being around her. We've been friends for over a year now, and I'm just figuring out my feelings for her. I won't say I love her, because I don't feel my heart there yet. I do care for her though, I a lot more than I ever have for any girl.

I got out of my car, and walked back to her house. I walked in through the back door, like the last time. I was already dreading this because I was still wearing a suit, but I had to climb up the vines. Carefully I did just that. As I was getting closer to her window, I started wondering how I climbed this while drunk. I felt like it wasn't that hard, but it was a challenge.

Once I reached Avery's window, I did't even get a chance to knock on it. Avery quickly opened the window, I climbed inside. After doing this sober, I'm just glad I didn't fall when I was drunk. I think when I did this last time I fell on my ass, but this time I landed my feet.

Avery stood in front of me, she looked shy. She was still wearing her homecoming dress, and I smiled at that. Avery looks beautiful in any way, but she looks absolutely stunning right now.

"You're still in your dress," I said stupidly. I shook my head, regretting I even spoke. "I mean, you look beautiful," I corrected myself.

Avery smiled. In the faint light that her room offered, I saw her cheeks turning pink. She was blushing at my comment, and I couldn't help but smile at that.

"Yeah, I haven't really had a chance to change I guess. I had almost just gotten home when you came knocking, and I was in the living room speaking to my foster parents. So, I haven't really had a chance to change," Avery explained.

"Really? Why did it take you so long to get home?" I asked her. She left an hour ahead of when I did.

"I took the long way home, and I just took my time. I felt like I needed to clear my head. I'm really sorry Savannah saw us. Is it over between you two?" Avery asked.

Avery took a seat on her bed, and I did the same thing.

"You don't need to apologize, you really don't. I'm never sorry when I kiss you, and I hope you aren't either when you kiss me," I said to her. "To answer your question about Savannah, yeah we're still together. I want to break up with her though, and I'm going to."

Avery shook her head, but she wore a smile on her lips.

"If you break up with her do it for you, but don't do it for me. You know we can't be together," Avery explained. I shook my head at her, not this again.

"Why not? Avery you and me have been friends for over a year now. You wanted to keep the friendship a secret, and I respected that. Now, things are different," I started to say to her.

"How are they different? Everyone's still going to probably question you, why me. Especially if you break up with Savannah, just to be with me. I don't want everyone talking about me, I'm already that strange foster girl. I keep coming in and out of the school district, it's weird. I really don't need all eyes on me, just because I'm with Hayden Garza. Can you please understand that?" Avery asked.