Chapter 13.

I didn't put more attention to the whole birth certificate thing. Mom and Dad probably weren't on good terms when I was born. I know he was in my life when I was a baby though. There's a few pictures of me and my Dad when I was a baby. There's this huge chunk of my life missing, but I don't really mind. There's enough baby pictures of me, I don't need to see more. The only thing I could think of was that, maybe they were still working out through their relationship.

Everyone knows my Dad's and Mom's epic love story. Dad use to bully her when they were in elementary school, which made Mom not like him very much. Some people will use the word hate, if I'm not mistaken. Mom moved to this small town, where Dad was already living at. Mom went to work at Java Beans, and that's when they met once again. Dad was the manager at the time, and they fell in love. I happened, Grace, and lastly Hope. Since I was the first, I think they might of still been working out their differences. I wasn't going to put too much time on thinking this over. I know he's my Dad, even if I don't share the last name as him.

I dropped off Hope at her school, before I started to drive Grace and I to our high school. Grace and I haven't talked about what we found, about my birth certificate. I told her to drop the subject, there was nothing odd about it. I explained to her many times, that Mom and Dad were still trying to figure each other out. It wasn't easy for Mom to stop seeing Dad as a bully, and see him as the love of her life. I was probably an accident, and that's fine by me. They still kept me, they still showed me love. My Dad was still my Dad, even if his name wasn't on the birth certificate.

"I've been thinking," Grace started to say. I rolled my eyes.

"I don't wan to talk about the birth certificate," I said to her. From the corner of my eyes, I saw her shaking her head.

"Not that. I've been thinking, we need to tell Braxton about the conversation you over heard. We can tell him your theory, and see what he says," Grace explained. Was she being serious?

"Why would we tell Braxton?" I questioned her.

"Because, this involved his Dad too. Maybe we can't find anything at our house, but maybe Braxton can. He can look through his Dad's things. It would be easier to find something, if we had someone else on the other side too," Grace explained.

I guess her logic made sense. That's the reason I even told Grace, because Avery suggested it to me. Avery, I haven't really talked to her. We text, but it's not the same hanging out. The only times we were really hanging out was during the summer, when she would go to Java Beans. I need to hang out with her soon, I'm starting to really miss her.

"Yeah, I guess we can tell Braxton about it," I agreed.

"Good, during lunch we'll tell him. We'll meet up in front of the gym, and we'll talk to him then," Grace suggested.

I would of been against telling him during school, but at this point it seemed like we didn't really have a choice. Our parents weren't going to let up on what they have against one another. It's weird though, I have no memory of them acting this way. I do remember fights, but they never got to the point where we weren't allowed to see Braxton. This is all new to all of us.

~*~

My fourth period came, and I was kind of nervous for lunch to come. I wanted to tell Braxton, but I was kind of nervous on what he would say. I tried to ignore that feeling, and just focus on this stupid. This class shouldn't even be a class, it should be more of a volunteer class. This class is the comity for dances, and prep rally's. I wasn't into any of that, but my counselor suggested it. Not caring I agreed, and now I kind of regret it.

After Savannah heard I was in this class, she got her fourth period switched. She was in yearbook, but decided she would better off in this class. As soon as she started this class, she pretty much took control of it. Everyone followed along with what she had to say, probably since she was the only one really pulling out ideas.