Chapter 20.

That night, I didn't even sleep. All I kept thinking about was Avery, and how much I was going to miss her. Jacob had invited me to hang out with him, but I refused the offer. I really wasn't in the mood to see him, or anyone else for that matter. I was locked in my room for the rest of the day, even my parents seemed worried for me. I didn't tell them anything though, I felt like I couldn't bring myself to do so.

Grace at one point kept banging on my door, begging me to let her in. Eventually I had to. As it turns out, Grace was the one who put Jacob up to the whole going out thing. She was worried too, and thought a night out with the boys would help me. She was wrong though, nothing could ease my pain right now. I really felt like Avery was taking a part of me, and leaving me hallow inside. I've never had this feeling before, I've never experienced this sort of heart break and pain.

"Can you talk to me? I know something's up. Mom and Dad are worried too," Grace said. She took a seat on my bed, while I was laying down on it.

I wasn't keeping my pain a secret, at least not from Grace. She knows about Avery, she's the only person that really knows about Avery. I just didn't want to talk about it, if I talked about it it would make it more real. It felt real enough. I knew I couldn't just keep ignoring my family though, they really are worried.

"Avery left," was all I said to her. Grace furrowed her eyebrows at me, she seemed confused.

"What do you mean she left?" Grace asked. I rolled my eyes, but sat up on the bed. I just didn't want to go into detail with this, but knew I had to.

"She's moving foster homes. She's moving to Pleasington, which is like three or four hours away. She doesn't want to try for long distance, so she pretty much just dropped me," I explained.

"You two weren't a thing though, right? I mean, as far as I know you're still with Savannah," Grace pointed out.

"Yeah, I'm so stupid that I'm literally still with her. To answer your question though, no we weren't officially together. We kissed, and I mean at one point we even... you know. But we weren't together. She didn't want to be in a relationship with me, she never wanted to make it official. This is why though, because she knew at one point she would have to leave again," I explained to Grace. Grace smiled at me.

"Aw, who knew my brother actually had a heart. I've never seen you like this over a girl," Grace said amused. I rolled my eyes at her, and laid back down.

"I'm really not in the mood for jokes," I said to her.

"Okay, I'm sorry you're right," Grace apologized. In frustration, I covered my face with my hands.

"I wish there was some way I could just keep her here," I mumbled into my hands.

Grace stayed for a bit, before I heard her gasp. I uncovered my face, to look at her. She wore this goofy smile.

"It's a long shot, but you can always ask Uncle David to take her in. Him and Aunt Julie are foster parents, remember?" Grace suggested.

"Grace, I don't think that's how the foster system works," I said to her.

"I don't know how it works either, but you can always try. I mean would rather say you tried, or just give up? Just talk to him, maybe he can even give you another idea on how to keep her here," Grace said. I smiled at her, it actually wasn't a bad idea.

"Should I go now?" I asked Grace sitting up on the bed. Grace glanced on the alarm clock on my night stand, and she kind of cringed.

"Wait until tomorrow, maybe you can go after school?" Grace suggested. I shook my head at her, there was no way I was waiting half the day. The more I wait, the longer Avery's gone.