Chapter 5.

I ran as fast as I could, that I didn't even notice I dropped the bottle I had somewhere along the way. I passed a few houses, and everything soon started look familiar. I stopped running, and just walked as I entered the park. I smiled at the park, as I walked towards the bench. It's the same park that Avery and I meet up at. I smiled at the though of my birthday. I still haven't opened up the pencils, maybe I should when I get home. After all, I am grounded. I'm going to have a lot of extra time with my sketches.

I heard the police sirens going off, and that quickly brought me out of my daze. Shit, I forgot I was running away from that. Logan and I left Jacob at the scene all by himself, but he could handle it. He was right, it was better for him to stay there by himself than have us there with him. Since I was still drunk though, and underage, I knew I had to get out of site from there. How is going to look to have a teenager at a park alone, when it's a little passed ten at night.

Still sitting on the bench, I pulled out my phone. I dialed the first number that came to mind, and I prayed that she would answer.

"Hello?" She answered the phone.

"Avery, hey, this is going to sound really strange. Do you think I could go to your house?" I asked her.

There was a bit of silence. I saw how there was just one officer roaming around in his patrol car, and I knew I had to get out of site. I got up from the bench, and started to walk the opposite direction of the police officer. I'm pretty sure there's an exit this way, and it won't be too obvious either. If Avery agrees to me going to her house, it shouldn't be too far from here. I'll be able to just go to her house, and hide out until later.

"You're right, it is strange. Um... my foster parents won't let me bring you into the house. If you want, I guess you could sneak in?" Avery said as in more of a question.

"Yes, I'll sneak in. Just tell me how," I said to her. I exited the park, and I just walked as normal as I could. I was still feeling light headed, but I felt like I had more of my head now.

"I'll text you my address, but walk in through the back door. In the back you'll see these vines, they're growing on this thing that's made of wood. You could use it as a ladder, and my window is the only one there. You can't miss my window. Softly knock, and I'll let you in," Avery instructed. I smiled.

"Okay, just send me the address," I said to her.

"I will, bye," Avery said as she hung up.

It didn't take long for her to send me the address. Quickly, I typed it into my phone. It was a three minute walk from where I was, so it shouldn't take me long to get to her house. I started to jog, to get there faster. I took one turn, and from there it was all the way straight.

Once my GPS notified me that I was there, I looked at the house she lived in. It was a really nice house, it kind of reminded me of a doll house. It was big, but smaller than the other houses surrounding it. I better get to the back of her house, if I don't want to get caught by her parents. All the lights were out, so I knew everyone was probably asleep. I wasn't sure if it was just Avery as a foster child, but from what I can imagine is that she has her own room. Other wise, I don't think she would of allowed me to be in her room.

I walked trough the back door. It wasn't hard to miss it. It was a wooden door, with a lock on it. Carefully, and quietly I unlocked it. I entered the back, and locked the door behind me. The backyard lead through what kind of looked like a hallway. I followed the short hallway, until I was fully in the back. There in the back yard was a swimming pool, and a small patio with some furniture. The back looked really, it kind of looked better than my own back yard.

Avery was right though, it wasn't hard to miss her window. Right by the window at the very top, was the vines she was talking about. The wooden ladder thing stood there, tall and proud. I could probably climb it with no problem, if my head was fully here. I guess I have to try though, I'm already here.