Chapter 14.

After finding the pictures, I haven't showed anyone. I haven't told Grace, or Braxton about them. I just couldn't believe I found something to begin with. These pictures are from a long time ago, I was able to tell just by the way they looked. Also, Uncle Isiah and my Mom looked so much younger. There was something about my Mom in the picture, but I couldn't quite put my finger on. She looked like herself, but a bit different at the same time. Probably because she's aged now. She's not old, but she's not as young as she as she once was.

It was a Saturday morning, and I had the pictures with me in my back pocket. The only reason I carried them with me, I wanted to start showing them these. The first person I wanted to show, was Avery. She was the one who even told me to tell Grace and Braxton, and look how great that's turned out. I was going to see her today at school, since we were stuck hanging the stupid dance posters.

After Savannah pretty  much demanded a dance, we all got to work on it. I mean no one was really into this class, until Savannah came along. She kind of put us all in check, and now everyone seems excited to be a part of this first school dance. I wasn't excited, I never even asked Savannah to go with me, but she's still coming with me. Avery also didn't seem too excited, and I don't blame for it either. That's another thing we have in common. We both aren't looking forward to that school dance.

On this Saturday morning, I had to give my shift to Grace, and I would get a double shift tomorrow. I open, and thanks to Grace now I have her afternoon shift as well. That was her condition. If I wanted her to open this morning for me, I would have to close tomorrow afternoon for her. It was fine though, I felt like I was use to double shifts. Plus, I get today off. I just have to get over this class, and I'm free for the rest of the day.

"Okay, everyone. I'll give you all three posters, and we'll hang them up all around the school. I want this posters by the gym, by the lunch lines, bathrooms. I need these posters to be the only thing I see around this school," Savannah stated. I rolled my eyes at her speech, she really was controlling.

"Are hanging them up in groups?" A red head girl asked. I wasn't sure what her name was, I don't really pay attention to my peers.

"No, individually. It's not too hard to put these posters up on our own," Savannah said.

Honestly, it kind of will be. She'll realize it when she's struggling to put the first poster up. Someone should at least be holding it, while the other person is taping it to the wall. I won't be the one to argue with Savannah though, I just want to get out of here.

Savannah handed the whole class at least three posters, some got one or two. Of course, Avery and I were the individuals that three though.

"Okay, let's put these up and we'll meet back in the classroom," Savannah said.

Everyone in the class got up, and exited. I did the same, and so did Avery. Before fully exiting the classroom, I leaned over to her and whispered.

"Meet me by the gym."

Avery looked up at me, but she slowly nodded. I don't think anyone saw our interaction, at lest I would not. Not that I'm embarrassed or anything, but don't want Savannah on Avery's case.

Everyone seriously spread out around the school, it was a big school and we had to pretty much cover every inch of it. I still hadn't put any of my posters up, I was just watching making sure everyone was distracted putting them up. I made my way to the back of the school, to meet up with Avery by the gym. No one would see us there, especially since it's only like twenty or twenty five students on the campus right now.

Once I was getting closer to the back, I noticed a girl walking the opposite direction. Once I was closer, I noticed Avery struggling to put a poster up. I quickly walked up to her, and once I reached her I placed the posters I had on the floor. I stepped on them by the corner, so they wouldn't fly away. I held the poster Avery was trying to hang, so she would be able to tape it on the wall.