16

Ned and Penny had been working for a few hours on their science project when Alfred came by her room to tell them that dinner was ready. Ned was very happy about that, and penny knows that even though he promised not to freak out on the Young justice, he's going to. That's the problem with dorky friends, they love superheroes. Well, she can't really judge, she likes Ned the way he is. So when it was time for dinner, the pair quickly put everything they were working on away, and went down the stairs still talking about how they can finish and improve it.

When they got into the dinning room, there was only two seats left. Thankfully they were next to each other. Penny thinks that if Ned had to sit next to two superheroes or the Wayne boys, he would freak out and probably have a panic attack. If she were to ask Ned about this possibility of seating later, he'd agree with her. 

So the pair took their seats next to each other, and like everyone else, grabbed a healthy amount of food and put it onto their plates. They talked quietly to each other about the project a little bit more, and even about what Ned wanted to ask the Young Justice. 

He has a lot of questions. 

Though their side conversation ended when Alfred decided to ask everyone how their day went, this question also included the Young Justice. Everyone's answer was pretty much the same. Their day was fine. 

Damien said that some girl tried to tell everyone that he was his girlfriend, and he had a lot of homework. He also said something about his stupid teachers, but Penny brushed this off and laughed about the girlfriend situation. Lord knows something like that could only happen to a rich kid. 

Tim said that his day was fine and he had a lot of fun in computer class because they got to start building a computer. 

Dick also had a good day, and he said that the schools gymnastics team got a new member because the new student was a gymnast. Penny and Ned couldn't believe that Gotham Academy has a gymnastics team. Then again, their school is a Stem school and the only sports they have is football and soccer. Everyone else is in a non sports related club.

Jason said that his day sucked because he hates school, but after school was fine because he beat some 12 year old at fortnight. 

Ned decided that he wanted to join in on the conversation and told everyone about his day. It was amazing because he got to meet the Young Justice. Then he gushed over them and asked them like ten questions before Penny elbowed him in the arm and told him that others might want to tell everyone about their day. He wasn't embarrassed, he was happy that his questions were answered in a non sarcastic way.

Penny said that her day was ok, she had fun in her classes and was happy because she got a 100 on a Chemistry test they had last week. She also said that she's very excited for the field trip to the Hall of Justice Tomorrow, and hopes that Ned and her are in the same tour group. 

Kid Flash was the last one to say something. What he said was surprising and caused Penny to literally choke on her food and have a coughing fit. Ned thought it was hilarious, so did Alfred. The boys were confused and a little protective over her, and the rest of the Young Justice were confused... well except for the others who were watching Penny all day. They all agreed that it was an amazing part of the day, of course none of them besides Kid Flash said it out loud. He had started saying that his day was kind of boring, but then he got to the good part. He said his day had gotten a little less boring when Penny was going home, and before she could get into the car, she was stopped by a boy. These were his exact words.

"It was so great. Penny was stopped by a boy, he gave her something, and her face got so red. It was as red as a fire hydrant. Obviously she has a crush on him."