12

Apparently while Penny had been at school, someone had sent rather explicit threats to Bruce regarding his kids. Bruce didn't like that one bit. So Penny when she had gotten home after riding the metro home with Ned she was greeted with the sight of Bruce, Alfred, and all the boys. 

"What's going on?" Penny asks. 

Her spider sense is going crazy, she can tell that something is going on, and she doesn't like it one bit. Bruce turned to face Penny and gave her a small smile before telling her what was going on and what was going to happen. 

"Penny, today at work I got a letter that was threatening you all. So as a precaution I called some people that will come to protect you five since I am going on a business trip."

"Who?"

"The Young Justice League."

Penny couldn't believe what she heard. The Young Justice League were going to be here and to protect them?! She doesn't really know how to feel about that. Part of her thinks it's kinda cool, but the other part of her doesn't want a group of heroes here. Of course she wants to be one herself, so she is going to have to stop hating them for something that happened a while ago, and something that wasn't anyone's fault. Besides if they were coming to her she could get some pictures for work.

"Wha... how?"

He chuckled slightly, "Don't tell anyone this but I make a few of the league's weapons, so I know a few of them. So I called them with my concerns, and they said that they could send the young justice while I am away."

Penny smiled at him, and was a little shocked to find out that he and probably Wayne enterprises helped make some of the Justice League's weapons. She nodded and he smiled at her before walking past her and through the hallways, most likely going to his study. No one had noticed her wet bag yet, and she was happy about that. She didn't want to be interrogated on why her bag got soaked with a sports drink. Then, Penny saw all the boys looking at her, and at the moment she didn't feel like talking to them, so instead she headed up the stairs, and as they called out to her all she said was this.

"Got to do my homework, make sure my camera is charged, and dry off my bag."

They were a little confused as to why she had to make sure that her camera was charged, and why she has to dry her bag off, but overall they were upset that they couldn't talk to her and apologize about what had happened on the car ride to school earlier that day. 

Once Penny reached her room she checked her camera, which thankfully was charged, and started on her homework. Well the homework that had dried.
...

It had been a few hours and everyone was doing their own thing, just waiting for the young justice to arrive. Dick was in the gym practicing gymnastics, Jason was playing video games in his room, Tim was building a computer in the kitchen, Damien was reading in the library, Bruce was packing for his 'business trip' that didn't have anything to do with the company, but Batman, and Alfred was preparing dinner for the kids and the guests. Penny was not only doing her homework, but also blasting music in her headphones, so it was no wonder that when the doorbell rang, she didn't hear it. She was in her own little world like always. Everyone else heard it though. Alfred and Bruce went to answer the door, while all the boys began making their way to the foyer. 

Alfred allowed the young justice to enter, before excusing himself to continue making dinner. Bruce smiled at the young group of supers and gave them his most reassuring welcome ever. 

"It's great to meet you all, thank you so much for coming." 

"It's a pleasure to meet you sir, and we just want to make sure nothing happens to your kids," said Aqualad. 

Bruce smiles at them. He turns around to face the four boys who are lined up ready to be introduced to the group. "Well, let me introduce you to them..." Then he realized that Penny wasn't there, "Boys, where's Penny?"

Jason was the first to speak up, "In her room probably. I'll go get her!" 

Then he took off running towards the stairs and moments later he was gone from the view of everyone. He ran through the hallways and it only took a few seconds before she reached Penny's room. He knocked on her door once before opening it when there was no answer. What he saw, didn't surprise him. She was sitting at her desk doing homework, playing music, which he could hear from the door. A smile appeared on his face as he remembered what that girl had did to her the first night they were here. He quietly tip-toed over to her and snatched the paper from her hands. Penny's head snapped up, and she threw the headphones off her ears. She didn't have any time to say anything before he was gone. 

At the top of her lungs, she yelled his name angrily, "JASON!"

Seconds later she was no longer in her room either, she was running through the hallways chasing Jason. She had almost finished with her equation, and not to mention she was still a little salty with him. So she ran at her top speed, meaning she was using her powers, also meaning that she was able to catch up with him. Penny continued to chase him and yell after him throughout the mansion. Everyone in the foyer heard her, and the pounding steps of the two teens. The boys understood what happened, while the young justice and Bruce had no idea what was going on... like was this a normal occurrence in this home? Jason made it down the stairs, he had a huge smile on his face, and her homework clutched in his hand. He slowed down and turned around to give it back to her, he only wanted to get her here. Though he never got the chance. Penny never slowed down instead when she got to the bottom of the stairs she ran right at him, and just as he turned around, Penny tackled him to the floor. She knocked all the wind out of him, and if you where anyone watching it would have looked like some kind of tackle that happens in football. 

Once Penny realized that she got him down, a smile appeared on her face. While he was still trying to catch his breath she snatched the paper from his hands and got off of him. She quickly stood next to Bruce, fixed her hair, and smiled at the group of young super heroes. No one said anything. Once Jason had caught his breath and rejoined the group Bruce began speaking once more. 

"So these are my kids, why doesn't everyone introduce themselves?"

"I'm Damien Wayne"

"Jason Todd."

Dick Grayson."

"Tim Drake."

"And, I'm Penny Parker."

No introductions were needed for the young justice, everyone knew who they are. 

Then it was time for Bruce to say goodbye to all of them and leave on his trip. He had his own special goodbyes with all the boys but when he got to Penny he smiled at her and gave her a big hug. He knew that she didn't have the best day, he could just tell. After a few moments in the hug, Penny hugged him back and the two said goodbye. She feels like maybe she could spend the rest of her life here, that maybe this is where she belongs.

After Bruce left and before anyone could really say anything about what had happened with Penny tackling Jason, or really about anything else, Alfred had called everyone for dinner. 

This was going to be an interesting few days.