29

After Penny's display of strength the few Justice league members (who know Bruce's identity) looked to Bruce to see what he wanted them to do. He gave a motion, and slowly they lead both Bruce and Penny out of the mansion. 

Outside Penny could see the flashing lights from the police cars, and ambulances surrounding the building. Bruce grabs onto Penny and leads her over to the ambulance that all the boys are sitting at. Immediately the EMTs were all over the two, and so were the boys. Penny wasn't listening to anything anyone was saying, she was too worried about how the boys and Bruce will react. If they'll still like her even though she's hid this whole other side of herself from them. 

Penny really only started listening when most of the police were gone, the EMTs had finished checking over them, and each of their statements had been taken. 

Bruce had talked with the Justice League (most likely about her), and once he was done and they left, he and Alfred walked back over to Penny and the boys. The two adults lead the five of them inside, and everyone felt saddened at the sight of the destroyed room. 

"Ok everyone, get a good nights sleep because we have a lot to talk about tomorrow," Bruce says looking back at the group. 

Penny looks down and bites her lip.

"Talk? About what?" Damien asks.

Bruce looks to Penny and then back to the boys, "Well Penny has some important information to share, and then I have other things to talk about with you all."

They all nod, and look at Penny with different faces. They all see the nervous look, and can't help but wonder about what she needs to tell them. Slowly they all listen to Bruce and break off to the stairs. Penny goes to walk away but stops when she feels Bruce's hand on her shoulder. Penny looks at him but doesn't say anything. Bruce nods to Alfred and he leaves the room as well. Once everyone is gone and they know that they're alone, Bruce speaks.

"I don't want you to be worried, Ok? Penny, you having powers doesn't change anything. Alright?"

Penny looks at him in surprise and a small smile creeps onto her face, "Ok."

Bruce smiles brightly, "Good, now get some sleep."

Penny nods and runs up the stairs and all the way to her room. She closes the door and leans against it. Relief floods through her body, he didn't reject her. She smiles again before getting up and walking to her dresser (to get pajamas) and into the bathroom. Penny then takes a steaming hot shower, gets into her pj's, shuts the light off, and climbs into bed. She smiles again before shutting her eyes and falling asleep.

... 

Penny bolts up into a sitting position as her heart beats quickly. 

"What was that?" Penny whispers to herself.

Then a knocking is heard at her door. Penny hears the sound and quickly realizes what woke her up. She then checks the time, 3:00. Who would be knocking on her door at 3 in the morning. Another knock at the door snaps her out of her thoughts, and quickly she climbs out of bed and walks over to her door. Penny opens the door as she rubs her eyes. Then Penny sees who's standing outside her door.

"Damien? What are you doing? Are you alright?" 

Damien hesitates, "I- uh, nevermind. I'll go back to bed."

Penny immediately realizes what's wrong. She softly grabs his hand and turns him to face her, "Actually, it's a good thing you woke me up because I was having a nightmare. Would you please sleep with me?"

Damien's eyes light up but his face stays neutral, "Yes, I'll stay with you."

"Good," Penny smiles.

Damien follows her into her room, closes the door, and joins her in the bed. Damien hesitant for a moment before he moves closer to her. Penny wraps her arms around her younger brother and holds him close. Damien immediately cuddles close and buries his head into her shirt. 

"You never have to feel bad about waking me up if you have a nightmare. I get them too, and you shouldn't feel ashamed."

"Ok," Damien says muffled.

Then the brother sister duo fall asleep, and they don't wake up until after nine. They didn't even stir when Bruce came in to check on her and took a picture to the two. 

A/N: Sorry that it took me so long to update, with school ending I've been focused more on finishing projects and homework (etc). I'll try to update soon! Thanks and enjoy!