Chapter Nine

I walked out of the graveyard, hissing when my foot stepped on a twig. I sighed, looking down at the pavement.

"I have nowhere to go." I mumbled, "This is so depressing."

"What's depressing?" said a male voice.

"Everything." I said with deep sigh, "Everything's falling apart."

"It can't be that bad?" he replied.

   I saw his shadow and looked up at him. He stood at probably 6'2 or 3, with curly black hair, bronze skin and light brown eyes. He looked slightly familiar, I just couldn't put my finger on it.

"Who are you?" I asked with a frown.

"Just a person." he said with a shrug, "I'm visiting my grandmother."

"Oh..."

"What are you here for?"

"Just... visiting my dead boyfriend..."

"Oh.."

"Yeah.."

There was a pause between us and I looked away from him. Suddenly, I felt my foot being lifted. I gasped in surprise and looked down. My foot became warm and I then realized he slipped his sneaker in my foot. He then did that to the next one.

"Don't give up." he said with a smile, "I gave up once and it led to my grandmother's demise."

I felt a pang in my heart and tried to speak but he hushed me. Putting his hand in his pocket, he took out a fifty dollar bill and handed it to me. I looked down at his hand. I can't believe it, is this happening? I pinched myself and flinched when a soft chuckle left his mouth.

"Just take it, you're not dreaming."

I hesitated at first, but I ended up slowly taking it. Without another word, he put his wallet into his pocket and walked away. I looked down at his feet to see him only wearing socks. No, why did I take the money?

"S-sir!" I yelled.

He kept on walking and I thought about following him, but he's visiting his grandmother. I can at least give him that respect. With a sigh, I walked away from the graveyard. With this money in my hand, I can possibly have a new life. How will I be able to do that? I can't even afford a motel room for two nights with this. I have no one I can go to. Aaliyah and Ethan are together, I was kicked out of my home, Jeremy is dead.

Maybe I should just end it? Maybe what that guy was saying is total bullshit.

I mean, it sounds stupid, but maybe suicide might be the answer. There's nowhere to go. That man must've thought I was a beggar or a homeless person.

I mean, I am homeless now.

I sighed and walked towards the local park. I looked down at the shoes and realized the guy probably purchased this yesterday. I sat on the swing and closed my eyes, imaging Jeremy pushing me. I can't believe how much I miss him. So it's true, you don't miss something until it's gone. 

I can't blame him for what he did, and then he... he died because of me... Oh God, it's back. The depression is back. The cold wind slapped me in the face and I hissed.

"Alexis!" I heard someone yell.

I gasped and looked for somewhere to hide. I groaned when I realized there was literally nowhere to hide. I'm not slenderman, I can't hide in between a two inch pole. The sandbox? No thank you, I can barely walk in sand.

I guess I'll have to accept this. I turned to the direction of the voice and finally saw the owner to it. I wiped a stray tear and crossed my arms together. In front of me was Aaliyah and Ethan. He was holding her hand and mindlessly looking at everything but me. Aaliyah had a look of concern on her face and her eyes were teary.