Chapter Six

:+:Chapter Six:+:

   I arrived at Aaliyah's house. I faked a cold and got permission to leave the building. When I knocked on the door, her mother opened it with tears in her eyes. She wiped them quickly and smiled.

"Hello Alexis, what're you here for?" asked Mrs. Catherine kindly.

"I'm here to see Aaliyah, she texted me and needs me urgently."

"Ah.... Erhm, okay." she said allowing me access.

  I walked up the stairs and opened Aaliyah's door.

"Aaliyah?"

  I was quickly tackle-hugged by a teary Aaliyah.

"MY PARENTS ARRANGED ME TO MARRY!" she cried.

"I-I.." Aaliyah only cried on my shoulder as I was taken aback.

"I-I can't believe it!" she cried even harder. "How could my parents do this to me?!"

"Who is it going to be?" I questioned anxious.

   Her eyes widened as she looked at me. More tears fell from her eyes as she tried to say his name.

"Alexis..." she said wiping her tears. "My parents arranged me to marry Ethan..."

   My mouth dropped as tears welled in my eyes.

 "I.." I was lost for words as she shook her head and looked at me with cold eyes.

"Alexis. Help me run away."

   Anger, jealousy, sadness, and guilt came crashing down on me. I couldn't believe my ears. My heart rate picked up as my body became hot. They were arranged to marry. No matter what, wait, why am I even feeling this way? I hate Ethan with a passion, but, so many emotions are boiling inside of me. I held the tears back as I looked into Aaliyah's eyes.

"I can't." I said softly.

   Her eyes held a look of disbelief.

"WHAT? I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY FRIEND, NO, MY BEST FRIEND!" she yelled at the top of her lungs.

"I am your friend b-"

"NO! BECAUSE IF YOU WERE MY FRIEND YOU WOULD'VE SUPPORTED ME!"

"DAMN IT AALIYAH LISTEN TO ME!" I said as tears trickled down my cheeks. "God freaking damn!" I punched her wall and made a hole. "YOU REALLY THINK I EXPECTED YOU TO BE ARRANGED TO MARRY ETHAN? YOU THINK THIS IS EASY TO TAKE IN? I FREAKIN' UNDERSTAND THE SITUATION BUT DAMN IT GIVE ME TIME TO THINK! I'M YOUR BEST FRIEND, DON'T EVER FORGET IT!" I yelled even louder than her.

"I-I... I'm sorry..." she said sitting on her bed. She patted next to her and I sat down.

"I can never look Ethan in the eyes..." I whispered.

"I need to find a loophole in this or something!" she yelped.

"Mrs. Catherine needs to tell us when this was made." I said. "Come."

   I tugged on her arm but she wouldn't budge.

"Now or never." I whispered softly.

"I... I... That woman downstairs isn't my mother." she replied looking down. "She's dead to me now."

"She got you into this mess, asking her may take us out."

"Alexis... I can't." she said shaking her head. "I just can't... She set me up..."

"Listen to me. I know we can get through this, we only need to be patient. We're juniors, you guys will most likely get married at 18. I'll have enough time to crack this-- but we'll need a professional."