Chapter Ten

Aaliyah's P.O.V.

Again she's in the hospital. Ethan hugged me to him and I almost pushed him away, but remembered my parents, Alexis and his parents were behind us. I sighed and shook my head. The doctor said she should be awake soon, but they had to flush out a lot of water out of her lungs. 

"Aaliyah, can we talk to you?" asked my mom.

"No." I replied, my eyes still glued on Alexis.

"I think you shoud go." muttered Ethan, "For the best of us."

I glared at him and glanced at Alexis one more time. Then, my parents went into the hallway with me.

"You're too stiff." muttered my mom, "You can at least make it look like you love him."

"But i don't." i replied, "That's Alexis's boyfriend, not mine."

"You were born for Ethan, I don't want to have this conversation a-"

I walked back into the room and crossed my arms. I wish everything could just return to normal, then, there wouldn't be so many problems. I stood next to Ethan and rested my head on his shoulder. I could only imagine how she'll react when she wakes up to us like this. Alexis doesn't deserve this, we're almost mocking her. I'm supposed to help her, not go against her.

"I hate you..." I whispered, my eyes glued on Alexis.

"I know you do, but we have no choice but to accept each other." he mumbled, "I love Alexis... but..."

"But what?"

"I think I'm falling for you."

I shut my eyes and my head fell. He can't be falling for me... My parents told me to make sure Alexis tries to forget about him and move on, but now he's falling for me. A double negative... makes a positive. Something good has to happen out of this. 

"Choose between us." I mumbled.

I almost flinched when he began to think about it. Grabbing his arm, I led him to the back of the hospital.

"How could you even think about it?!"

"Alexis and I cannot be together anymore." he mumbled, "I don't have a choice."

"Yes you do, you always have a choice."

"Then why are you here?"

I looked down and sighed.

"It's okay, we can work out."

"I don't even like you..."

"You can learn to like me."

"No." 

"Aaliyah, just trust me."

"I can't fucking trust you!" I cried, "I barely know you!"

"You were born to be my wife." he said in a harsh tone, "I learned to accept the fact that Alexis cannot be mine, but you can."

"What the hell is with the possessive talk?!" I replied, my tone of voice harsher than his, "I'm not a fucking item, you don't go claiming dominance over me!"

"Just..." he whispered, "Just try... play along if you have to... but... Aaliyah, I'm falling for you. You're so sassy and, I never even realized I liked sassy. When I first saw you with Alexis, I quetioned you but disregarded you because I was with Alexis. I'm with you now, I-"

"What about Alexis?!" I yelled, cutting him off, "She's laying in a hospital bed right now. She tried to commit suicide because she loves you! She tried to throw her life away because she couldn't have the only thing she loved! How could you be this selfish?! I thought you were a better person, Ethan. But I was wrong. I can see why I never liked you from the start. You're meant to be with Alexis, fuck the bullshit my parents and your parents made."