The Girl Who Cried Wolf [19]

19: Call Me!

My breath hitched in my throat. Jayden? My sister Jayden?

“Jay?” I asked my voice cracking.

“Yeah, it’s me big sis.” Her voice was low and sad.

“Oh my god! You’re alive!” I screamed, my body bubbling with joy.

“Yeah…so when are you coming home?” her voice rose.

“Soon…really soon.” I beamed.

She giggled before whispering her goodbye.

I looked as Damon, his lips twitching to smile as he looked down, a blush upon his cheeks. I jumped over the luggage and onto the bed, straddling his hips as his head lay on the fluffy pillows, our gazes attached as I bent down to him. I stared at his heavenly face, the way his eyes kept focus on mine but every once in a while they drifted to my lips. And when we looked at each other, there was an understanding and a sense of love in them, something I remember, and here it was again, staring at me dead in the eyes. And that was when it hit me…I loved him, every piece of him.

Our lips brushed, making heaps of heat scatter along the length of my spine. His cherry lips pulled up in a small smirk, as I bent down and pressed my lips to his. His arms instantly wrapped around me, pulling closer to him as our bodies were meshed together. My fingers grasped onto the muscle of his arms, feeling the heat that passed from his skin to mine. I moaned at the tingly feeling that roamed over my skin, making me tighten my grip on his arms. Since my graphic tee was like a cropped top, my belly was exposed, so his soft warm hands took advantage and explored anything that was open to him…

His chuckle brushed against my neck as he sat up, making me land onto his lap. I giggled, causing someone to cough uncomfortably.

I snapped towards the source, blushing at Liam, his face contorted in anger. Damon sighed in frustration as he helped me climb off of the bed.

“We’ll finish this later…” he whisper in my ear.

I giggled and walked over to my luggage, finishing the packing and zipping it up. Then I pulled it off the bed and dragged it to Damon – without my heels I was super short beside him – as a smile appeared and he grabbed the luggage from me.

At the airport, Liam kept fidgeting, shifting from one leg to the other. I hadn’t acknowledged him since Damon and I kissed. And it seemed like his body was deteriorating due to the lack of attention.  Something moved in me, the massive amount of hate I had for him lessened as a saw his eyes grow hollow.

“Are you okay?” my lips whispered, causing his eyes to brighten.

He nodded shortly afterward, a small smile appearing on his lips. I studied him longer, he seemed deep in thought, his eyes unfocused as emotions of love and compassion passed through them, a smile twitching to broaden, and then his face became hard, serious almost, as his eyes revealed sorrow and fear. His jaw clenched, making the muscle pop out from his temples. His chest heaved, the muscles shifting as the leather wristband tightened.