The Girl Who Cried Wolf [27]

You guys are probably going to kill me, but i uploaded! yay! so just a heads up:

i cried writing this chapter, i cried like a baby! so be warned this maight be a tear jerker, maybe not but whatever

enjoy the reading!

P.S. this song >>>>> i heard it while i wrote, main reason i cried, it was my muse for the chapter!

Chapter 27: Never Say Goodbye

I was jolted awake by Damon’s hand cupping the side of my face; his soft gentle fingers gliding along my jaw leaving a blazing trail of heat. i stayed perfectly still, soaking in this blissful moment. Damon's tender voice mumbled something I didn’t quite hear. i groaned lightly, pressing my face into his hot palm. his fingers danced against my skin once again, gaining the full capacity of my attention.

I fluttered my eyes open, meeting his gaze momentarily. “What happened?” my voice was thick with sleep.

He lifted my face again, keeping his other hand on the steering wheel.  “You’re finally awake!” he smiled, glancing at the deserted highway, his smile didn’t quiet reach his eyes.

“What do you mean finally? How long was I out?” I sat up slowly, finally taking in everything around me. Damon had a swollen lip and just above his right brow was a gash that seemed to be healing with every passing second. I reached over, brushing my fingers along the cut then to his temple to then soak my fingers in his rich hair. I breathed out, trying my very best to push the thought of not having him in my life away.

“Approximately,” he glanced at the clock “Six hours.” His brown eyes turned hazel in the bright sunlight that streamed between the many clouds that tainted the colorful sky. He glanced back at me, the emotion faltering. “But it’s expected…”

“What? What do you mean it’s expected?” I sat up again, placing my legs under me.

Gently I brushed my finger against his forearm, trying to keep him going. He didn’t answer right away. His face contorted in both fear and worry as his eyes glazed with trouble. “You’re pregnant…” the response was slow and labored. 

I felt like the air was kicked ut of me, like I had just recieved a punch to the chest. "P-Pregnant?" i barely choked the word out as my stomach churned with fear. this couldn't be happening right now.

Damon breathed out, scared. “That’s not all.” He gulped.

I paused, not sure if even wanted to hear more, I was shaking already.

He looked at me, concentrating hard. “Stefan took you, forced the other wolves to take me away but I wouldn’t let him touch you…” his voice was terribly strained. “I phased and went to you, Stefan, of course, was waiting like he almost expected it, we fought and well I got pretty roughed up,” he chuckled humorlessly. “And then I saw it, our way out…your way out…” his voice trailed away, far away. I was going to question what he meant by ‘my way out’ but he kept talking. “So I got in the car; left a false trail to buy us sometime; packed most of our stuff and left on the road.” He stared at me for a minute or two, never breaking this perfect gaze. He smiled up at me, and finally he turned back to the road.

"What's our way out?"

"Well, we are running away for a little while, going in hidding."

Something was wrong, it felt wrong…all of it. There was something he wasn’t telling me, or something he was waiting to tell me. “Where are we heading?” I sat back, trying my best to keep my heart steady and cool.

Damon’s  face shifted, he seemed to be fighting something within him.

“Are we going back home?” I felt my voice shake a little as much as I tried to but a cool front, but in the inside my body was shaking with fear, I was scared that we weren’t.