The Girl Who Cried Wolf [3]

3. Marked...

"Carter, please. Carter." He said more frustrated. His hands cupping my face as his cool breath kissed my skin.  

I gulped, and shook my head fiercely again.  

"Stop it. Carter, STOP IT!" he whispered forcefully. 

I looked into his eyes as he bore into mine, emotions flickered but I was too entangled up in my problems to notice them. His next question made my heart thump in my ears. 

"What's wrong?" he asked. 

"H-H-He's h-h-h-here." I stuttered through sobs.  

In that moment the only emotion I could decipher was the anger that boiled in him.  

With those simple words he pulled his phone out of his pocket and called someone, talking fiercely into the phone. When he was done talking he looked into my eyes, bending down so we were at eye level, as he bore again. 

I knew why his eyes seemed soft and caring and I simply shook my head. 

"Please." He pleaded, his eyes begging me. 

I denied again. I was too scared, to remember his face made my skin breakout into goose bumps.   

"Please, just look at him for a second and I'll follow, but please just let me see him. It'll put him away forever, where he can never hurt you or anyone else." 

My dad once said: "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than the fear." And to help the other helpless people out there and to avenge for what he did to all those girls I nodded once. 

He smiled that earth shattering smile and I knew what I was doing was for a noble cause, so I walked over to the lobby, Duke hot on my heels. He nodded swiftly and I stared at him, praying to God that he wouldn't look my way, which thankfully he didn't, but those small seconds that I looked at him, were the seconds that the wound reopened and the cut grew deeper. My head felt hazy and thick in fog, and I found myself dancing on the same spot until Duke grabbed me around my waist and pulled me toward him. He pulled out his phone, and called again this time his face was composed in a fake smile, faking off that he was sending the cops around to catch him. 

I pressed my head to his chest and sighed. His chest rose and set softly, as I heard the speed of his heartbeat go faster. I smiled to myself.  

Minutes later I heard the doors burst open as the cops' yelled things at Ricky for him to stop. At this moment I looked at him and his eyes caught my gaze as silent memories were shared.  

His eyes narrowed, and his brows furrowed as he mouthed: 'you'. A sense of recognition passed in his eyes and he began screaming at me. 

"You...You...You did this to me, you did this to me, and I swear on my mother's grave...I'll come back! I promise!" his eyes sinister and scary, as he yelled "You and me, just like the last time." He said sadistically, licking his lips, making my body shudder and shiver and breakout in goose bumps. 

My heart beating so hard, I felt it pound through my chest.  

Duke pulled me into his chest once again, kissing my hair, and saying that he wouldn't let him come anywhere near me, he'd kill him before he stepped a foot into the same room.  

Even as I shook my head into his chest he kept insisting. The pain and memories caught up to me so quickly that when the same fog came, I no longer fought, instead I slipped into it, letting it cover my sight as I let the numbness take over.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. so sorry it's short but the next one will be long, promise, and i would love it if you voted and commented on my success and failure. but please your voice is crucial! jk! but i would so love to read someone's thoughts!