Chapter 4 ✔

JEVA woke up squeezing her head with her hands. It seems like the world is spinning.

Fuck! I didn't even drink a glass of liquor, why's my head spinning. She groans in pain. She doesn't like drinking alcoholic drink. Kung may kaibigan man siyang malakas sa inuman iyon ay si Kyza. Barumbada talaga ang babaeng 'yon.

She curled up and sat on the bed. She roams her eyes around. Good thing, I'm in my room. She let out a long breath at mahinang tinapik ang kaniyang dibdib.

Nakahinga siya ng malawag ng malamang hindi siya napadpad sa ibang lugar kasama ang ibang lalaki kundi maloloka talaga siya. If that thing will happen she wouldn't know how to feel and how to face her husband.

She examined herself. Her forehead wrinkled when she noticed that she had already worn a pair of pajamas and a big shirt. She pulled her pajamas' garter up and also checked her bra.

Pwew! Good thing she's still wearing the same undies she wore last night. Meaning, hindi nakita at pinakialaman ang kaniyang mga kayamanan.

Tumayo siya at dumeretso sa bathroom sink para makapaghilamos at makapagtoothbrush.

Binabad niya ang kaniyang mukha sa rumaragasang tubig. She remembered the talk she had with her friends.

"Shy's mom called me earlier." - pinakiramdaman namin ang isa't isa ng marinig ang sinabi ni Kyza. They are ten in the group but, Kyza and Shy are more close to each other since they've known each other since childhood. Nabuo ang circle of friends nila when they were on high school.

Kyza may be a badass but she is also a softie inside. She doesn't want her friends to be hurt. Jeva noticed her stopping herself from crying.

"Why? What's wrong?" - Nerize asked Kyza while she put her hand on the latter's shoulder. Akala ni Jeva siya lang ang nakapansin kay Kyza who has been zoning out since they left her room.

Even the light was dimmed. Jeva could see Kyza's nose reddened.

"Her mom said we almost lost her." - Her voice broke and they all gasp at what they heard. "Good thing she has been revived." - She continued.

Kyza gritted her teeth. "This is all Pietro's fault!" - ramdam mula sa boses nito ang matinding galit.

"I knew that there's already something wrong with Shy the last time we talked to her. It was on Zoom." - She said to herself that she'll ask Shy about it but she was so preoccupied with her own unexpected happenings in life.

Kyza leaned her back on the chair with a straight face. "I don't know why I trusted him with my best friend. I never thought he would treat her like an animal." - Jeva could see Kyza's tear escape from her left eye.

"Yeah, how could she maltreat her like that?" - Nerize furrowed her brows.

"How can you say that he mistreated her?"- Mari asked innocently.

Agad namang napatingin sa kaniya ang kaniyang mga kaibigan, she glance at Kyza. "You told us that you received a message from her before she got an accident."

That's true. Kyza told her friends that Shy texted him with only Pietro's name on it.

Lander agreed to her. Lander is our military army friend.

"It could be she's running away from Pietro or she's asking for his help. It's either of the two." - Jeva rolled her eyes. Mari is really a writer, kaya malawa ng imagination ng babae.

Kyza hissed. "Really?" – She sarcastically said with her left brow raised.

Lander spoke. "That could be possible."