[12] 𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗛𝗮𝘁𝗲

"𝗕𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲!" Bree heard her mother say from downstairs

"𝗕𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲!" Bree heard her mother say from downstairs. She groaned and walked downstairs and saw her mother and Topper. With Officer Shoupe.

"We caught who sunk the boat." Her mom said with a smile. Bree's heart dropped and the color drained from her face.

"We didn't but we saw the other boat and it's Heywards boat, so we figure it was Heywards son." Shoupe said.

"You know. Your friend." Her mom said.

"Now if you press charges, it'll be up to juvenile court." Shoupe said making Bree gasp quietly.

This can't happen to Pope. He has to much to lose. He would lose his scholarship. Something he worked so hard for. Bree started to breathe heavily as she panicked.

"Now, Pope is 16. Could be tried as an adult." Shoupe said. "He'd do time."

"No." Bree whispered quietly. She made eyes contact with Topper. He looked...... guilty? Like he felt bad for Pope.

"Press charges." Bree's mom said.

"Mom please don't." Bree begged.

"Press. Charges." Her mom said. Bree looked around panicking before her eyes widened.

"Oh shit." Bree whispered before running out the house and in her car.

She didn't car that she was in her pajamas or her hair was messy, all she cared about was getting to Pope before Shoupe did.

She drove quickly to Heywards, hoping Shoupe wasn't racing her to Pope. She arrived and hopped out of the car and ran inside.

She saw Pope, JJ, and Kie in the store. She ran to them.

"Pope!" Bree yelled catching all of their attentions. She placed her hands on Popes face making him confused. She stared directly into his eyes.

"Y-you, you have to leave. Now." Bree said breathing heavily as she panicked.

"Why?" JJ asked now concerned for Pope. And concerned for how panicky and worried Bree was.

"My mom, she knows, she's gonna press charges, Shoupe is," She started.

Hey Pope!" Heyward said walking in, grabbing the fours attention. "There someone here to see you." He said as Deputy Shoope walked in, making Bree's heart drop in panic.

"No, no, no." Bree whispered. She didn't make it in time. She stood in front of Pope as if to protect him.

"I have an arrest warrant for felony destruction of property." Shoope said making Pope look at JJ. "Hands on the counter where I can see em."

"Woah, woah, woah. Shoope what'd he do?" Heyward asked, concerned for his son.

"Take a look at the warrant," Shoope said putting handcuffs on Pope.