Chapter four

Demarcus P.O.V

I woke up to my alarm and got ready for work. I headed to the kitchen and started a breakfast. Soon after the boys showed up one by one.

"Morning guy's!" I said.

"Morning dad!" The boys said.

I handed them some pancakes except for Hayden of course. He believes in healthy breakfast as he is a fitness freak and trainer.

"Okay guys I'm headed to work. Be save and stay out of trouble." I said looking at the twins.

"We never get into trouble dad." Jace said and Micheal, Jack and Hayden all laughed.

"Yeah remember what I said!" I yelled as I exited the house.

I arrived at the hospital and got ready for today. I did my rounds and then I went to check on Ash and Luca.

"Morning boys." I said as I entered Luca's office.

"Morning!" They both mumbled.

They looked horrible. They had black bags under thier eyes and they looked like they where walking zombies.

"You should go home and get some rest." I said and Ashton nodded.

"Yeah I'm going home now but Luca won't budge." He said getting up.

"Bye guys I'll see you tonight." Ash said leaving the office.

"I can't leave her. She almost died again last night." Luca said.

My heart cracked at that. She is so young. "Have they found anything on the parents yet?" I asked.

"They only said both was arrested and the boyfriend confessed to being abusive last night. They didn't say who they where though and they still don't have her name." He said frustrated.

"I'll take her case for today. You go home and rest." I said and he nodded after a while.

"Thanks dad." He said leaving the office.

I went and checked on her. Her heart was beating good and her pulse seemed stronger than before. I left the room and I saw Denise.

"Hi what are you doing here?" I asked her.

Her face paled. "Dr. Knight. I'm here to handle the abuse case. I'm her social worker." She said.

"So you gave her to her mother who is a drug addict with a boyfriend who is a criminal and abusive?" I questioned her.

I may have asked that on purpose because she helped Natasha take Sophia when I begged her to not do it.

"Her mother wasn't on drugs when she took her. She was stable and fine. She had a job and a good home. They lived in a double story house. This was never expected from the reviews we got." She said.

"Do you have her name. We know her mother and the boyfriend was arrested last night and he confessed to being abusive." I said.