Chapter one

Sophia P.O.V

"Get up you useless piece of shit!" I heard Andrew yell.

I looked at my clock and saw I overslept. I'm so dead. I ran down the stairs to the kitchen where an angry Andrew stood in front of the fridge.

My mom was passed out on the couch from last night's events. "Why the fuck didn't you prepare my breakfast?!" He yelled at me.

"I'm sorry my alarm is broken." I mumbled looking down.

I heard him step closer before I felt a sting on my left cheek. Tears streamed down my face. Next he hit me in my gut and when I bended over holding it trying to get my breath back he grabbed my hair and brought my face close to his.

"You better fucking make my breakfast tomorrow morning or else I wil kill your precious little mommy. Got it bitch!" He yelled at me.

"Yes sir." I whispered while struggling.

"Good!" He yelled and threw me on the floor.

He kicked me in my ribs and I heard them crack. "Get the fuck up and get to school! You don't talk to anyone! Do you hear me! No fucking friends for you! Make sure to cover those bruises!" He yelled as he kicked me again making me yell in pain.

He left and slammed the door shut. I slowly got up even though my body was against it. I crawled back to my room up the stairs and cleaned myself up. I got dressed in my one pair of jeans and a black hoodie that used to be mom's.

I covered my bruises with concealer I took from mom's things and pulled my hood up with my hair hanging over my face. I grabbed my worn out jean bag and made my way down stairs.

My mom was still passed out on the couch so I just left and started to walk to school. It was very cold and I was freezing. I was limping and my ribs was hurting so bad in the cold and I couldn't breath properly.

I made my way to school and I just stood there outside the gate for a while catching my breath. Once I was able to breath a little I walked to the doors. I was about to enter when everyone went dead silent and a red and black Lamborghini entered. Three boys got out of the car and went over to a group of boys on the left.

Wow! They must be the populars in school! I should stay away from them and stay out of thier way!

I thought as I entered the school. I held my head down and slowly limped to the main office. I got my schedule and a map of the school. My locker was on the second floor between the juniors and seniors lockers.

Perfect! Right between the 17 and 18 year olds! The people I want to avoid!

I was entered late because my mom and Andrew just moved here the beginning of the year because Andrew got a new job. My mom didn't want to move here though. She was very reluctant but Andrew got her to move. He probably drugged her and made us move here.

I went up and looked around. I saw my locker and went to it. It was one of the very last lockers on the right. I kept my head down. I was placing my stuff in my locker when a blonde haired girl with green eye's came up next to me.

"Hi" She said.

"Hey" I replied back quietly looking into my locker. "I'm Brooke!" She said smiling.