Chapter 4

Katniss POV

"Prim is still alive, Katniss." I gasped
Prim was still alive!?!?

" Are you ok Katniss? You look a little pale." He said. My eyes
started to become heavy .
"She is still..." I started to say but blacked out before I could finish.
"All I could hear was him screaming "KATNISS!!!" The last thing I saw was Haymitch standing over me. Then all was black.
***********************************
I woke up to Peeta crying at my side while Haymitch sat on a chair at the other end of my bed. Peeta stroked my hand whispering silently," I will never let you go." As I opened my eyes he cried harder. He kissed my hand and then hugged me. I did not hug back. I kinda just sat there wondering why he was so sad. Haymitch sighed in relief and then left the room. Peeta began to stroke my cheek." How are you feeling," he softly cooed. "Fine. Why.?" I answered sternly. "You blacked out and stopped breathing. Haymitch and I thought you were a goner."

"Oh, ok" I said as I snuggled down deep into my bed. Just then, Haymitch returns and hands me a bowl of soup.

"Eat up", he says. I instantly do what I am told. I am starving. The last drop of soup trickles into my mouth and down my throat. It was delicious.

"Can I continue without you almost dying this time?" He asks while half laughing. I nod my head and he continues.

"Prim is being held in the old tribute centre where I was held when snow kidnapped me." He said. The memories of Peeta when he came back from the tribute centre(look at photo). He looked awful. "I have made a plan to go and rescue her,... If that is all right with you?" He asks. I nod my head yes without even realizing it. Why wouldn't I want to rescue Prim. One part of me did and one part of me didn't. It would be dangerous. I did not want anyone to get hurt. We had to do it though. For Prim." Yes" I say." How are we going to rescue her? We have no way of getting in and out of the capital unseen."

"Oh, I have not really thought of that part.Ummm......." He says as he thinks.

"I have an idea", says Haymitch. Peeta and I turn our attention to him. He opened his mouth and began to speak....
_________________________

What do you think Haymitch's idea should be? Please comment down below and you could become part of my book. Thanks 😄
-mackaygirlTB