Chapter One

KATNISS POV

"Katniss!!! KATNISS!!!"screams a voice in my head.

"NOOOOO!!!!!!" I scream. I bolt upright almost immediately. Peeta runs into the room and practicly jumps onto the bed down beside me. He wraps his strong, protective arms around me as I continue to ball,"WHY!!!" He gently pulls my body close to his and, wispers silently,"It is ok. It was just a dre-..." I cut him off.

"BUT IT WASN'T JUST A DREAM!!! SHE IS GONE PEETA!!! SHE IS GONE!!!" I began to calm down,"It is all my fault," I gently felt him push me down to the bed, with him following. I continued to cry as he elegantly pushed my tear filled hair behind my ear. I looked into his sea blue eyes as they twinkled in the moon light. I embarrassedly wiped the tears from my face and let him draw me closer. He laid his delicate chin on my head and pulled me so close that my head was resting on his chest. I enjoyed that. Before I knew it, my eye lids were heavy and I was drifting off to sleep. I knew that when ever I was in Peeta's arms, I would be safe and he would never let me go.

*************************************
I awoke to the sun's blinding light shining on my face. Peeta was fast asleep. His arms were still wrapped around me. I lay there breathing his scent in happily for about five minutes before he woke up. His scent gave me comfort. His eyes fluttered open and the first thing he saw was me. He smiled. I loved his smile.

"Morning sleepy head" he said with a yawn.

"Who are you calling "sleepyhead" sleepy head" I laughed. He unwrapped his arms and reached for a pillow. He shoved it pleasingly into my face. I knew he was just doing it to get a reaction so I showed no facial expression. I looked at him as he laughed at me. Then I remembered something that I had dread since he told me. Today was the day that he left for the capital. He would not be gone long. He was going to sell his bread to make a little extra money for other food.

"Today is the day you leave for the capital," I said. I sighed a little but tried not to let him hear me.

" I will not be gone long. Just for a few weeks," he said. Without him, even a day seemed like a year. He knew how much I would miss him. He stretched his long arms out and then stood up.

"I love you," he said. It was true. He did not have to say it for me to know it. He walked out of my room and I heard his door close. That sound always made me shiver. It sounded like the sound of a canon. Images of the hunger games flashed through my mind. Rue and all of the other tributes. Then I thought of Prim. Sweet sweet Prim. Both Rue and Prim did not deserve and were to young to die. I felt a single tear run down my cheek. I wiped it away quickly in hope that Peeta had not seen me. He walked in the room again with a blank expression on his face.

"Well I am all packed. My train leaves at 12:00 so I better be heading off soon," he said. Soon? Isn't it morning? I looked at the clock in my room. It read," 9:57am." I can't believe he had to leave so soon. I hung my legs over the side of the bed. I stood up and dragged my feet across the floor. We both wrapped our arms around each other. I took in one last whiff of his sweet scent before he let go and continued to carry his bags down the oak stairs.

At 11:23 am, I watched him go out the front door, hoping that I would see him again. I felt some of my tears leave my eyes. This time, I let them fall to the ground. They hit the oak floor with a splat as I closed the door, that was a barrier between him and me.
___________________________

Sorry that this is such a long chapter. This is one of the first books that I have ever got engaged in. If you like my book so far, please comment in anyway(except negative) even if it is a spelling mistake because I often miss some mistakes. If you have and more ideas, feel free to comment then. Please follow me and vote. :)

- mackaygirlTB