Chapter 3

Katniss POV

"Peeta!" I screamed. I ran to him. I wrapped my arms around him and cried tears of joy. His body was cold and drenched with rain but I did not care. He stayed standing in the same position after I let him go.

"Peeta?" I asked. Then he jumped and realized that I was standing right in front of him.

"KATNISS!!!" He said. He wrapped his arms around me."I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too," I said. I felt comfort when I was with him, even if he was drenched.

" Are you ok?" I asked." When you walked through the door, you just stood there in silence. I something wrong?"

He hesitated for a moment before stuttering,"Y-Yeah, I am f-fine."

He walked over to the cupboard on the kitchen and pulled out a plate, a fork and a knife.

"This looks good. Did you catch this Katniss? Or did he?" He said pointing over at Haymitch but not taking his eyes off of me.

"I did," I said.

"Well then it had to be good, you have a good eye for these things," he said.

I laughed silently to my self as he helped himself to the deer. He sat down at the table and ate all he could in one bite. I looked over at the clock and it read,"7:00."

"Well, I am heading off to bed," I said.

"Haymitch, you can sleep in my room if you want," said Peeta.

"Okay," said Haymitch as he began to walk towards the stairs.

" I am going to sleep too," I said. I started to head up the stairs, not realizing Peeta was following me. I walked into my room and turned around. I jumped when u saw that Peeta was there. He sat down on the bed and beckoned me to come sit with him. "You were right. There is something wrong." He sighed

"What is it?" I asked.

"While I was in the Capital, I stayed in the same building Gale. His room was beside mine. While I was there, I overheard things. Things that you might want to hear. Ever since you one the first hunger games, Coin has wanted to take you out, and Gale was in on it. One way of taking it out was killing someone you loved. They tried to kill me, but it didn't work." He said. He shook as he said those words. I laid my hand on his and looked into his eyes as they turned from baby blue to sea blue." Then they made a plan to kill Prim... But there plan was not to "kill" her. There plan was to fake her death to make you tear yourself apart." I looked at him." Prim is still alive , Katniss." I gasped. Prim was still alive?

_________________________

Sorry for such a short chapter. Please continue to read my book! Comment and vote and if you like a lot, follow me! :)

-mackaygirlTB