Chapter 74 - James

You three finally found James' camp, but it's being swarmed by walkers. You hid behind a tree and examined the site.

Y/N: Wow. James is having a party, but he didn't invite us? That's cold.

Clementine: Not now, Y/N. He could be in danger.

Y/N: I doubt he'll be in dangerous by walkers since he has that... mask.

You hear someone clear their throat behind you, you readied your bat and turned around. It was James.

Y/N: Oh, James! Nice party! Where's our invite?

Clementine: Y/N!

She stomps on your foot. James puts a finger to lips as he clutches his arm.

AJ: You've been shot.

Clementine: Was this the raiders doing?

James: It looked like they had kids... from your school.

Clementine: They do. We're going to save them.

Y/N: But we could use your help moving some walkers.

James: Maybe I can be of assistance, but... I need my mask, and it's still in the camp. It's over in my bag.

Y/N: What're we waiting for? Let's go get it.

James: Please... just don't kill them, that's all I ask. Distract them, and I'll sneak in and grab my bag.

Y/N: That sounds really risky, but we'll try.

You, Clem and AJ hopped over the tree and went into his camp. You only knocked their knees out and didn't kill them. Soon, more showed up and James still don't have his mask.

Y/N: Look, I don't think we can hold them off for much longer. Did you get the mask?

James: I... I don't where... There!

He pointed to a bag.

James: There's too many! We have to go.

You and AJ ran over to the other side and started yelling, drawing them over to you.

Clementine: Y/N, no!

You see her and James pick up a cart and pushed it downhill, once it crashes, it draws the walkers over to it. They both walked over to you, and you put a hand on Clem's shoulder.

Y/N: You alright?

She slaps you then hugs you.

Clementine: You scared me! Don't do anything like that again!

Y/N: Sorry, but we're fine. No bites.

You hugged her back.

James: Thank you... for helping me get this.

He holds out his mask.

James: Now. How are walkers going to save your friends?

Y/N: The raiders kidnapped them and are holding them on a boat. It's not too far from here.

Clementine: And there's no way for us to sneak on board, not without us getting gunned down.

James: So your plan... is to use walkers... to sneak on their boat? That's crazy.

Y/N: It's the only plan we got.

James: I have something... that I want you guys to see. I want you guys to understand what you're asking.

He walks past you. Clementine looks at you confused, you shrugged your shoulders and followed him. He leads you guys through the woods until you come across a barn. AJ goes to look at something and you and Clem follow him.