Chapter 49 - New Place, New Face

Clementine: Y/N, wake up! Please, wake up!

You feel someone violently shaking your shoulders. You opened your eyes and you see that it was Clem shaking you, tears streaming down her face.

Clementine: Oh, thank god you're okay!

You tried getting up, but one of your hands was duct-taped to the bed. Once you take it off and sat up, you feel excruciating pain in your right arm. You see that it's embedded in a cast. She hugs you tightly, causing more pain to your arm, but you didn't care and hug her back. You looked down at her and see a big bandage wrapped around her head.

Y/N: You okay? It seems like I got it worse.

Clementine: I'm fine, but what about you?

Y/N: Well, my arm fucking hurts.

Clementine: AJ isn't with us. I... I don't know where he is...

Y/N: What?! We gotta get the hell out of here!

You were about to start kicking the door, but she pulls you back.

Clementine: We need to do it quietly.

Y/N: Okay... uh... anything useful in that box up there?

You pointed to a box that was up in the closet. Clementine tries to get it, but she couldn't reach for it. You walked and grabbed it.

Y/N: Sucks being short, right?

Clementine: You always make fun of my height...

Y/N: You know, I'm just joking with ya. I love you just the way you are. You like it when I joke, don't lie.

She glares at you, but she soon cracks a smile.

Y/N: I knew it. But let's get out of here now, they're be plenty of time for all this later.

You followed that up with a wink, which makes her blush. You chuckled as you began searching the box. It was mainly filled with art supplies, but you find a palette knife.

Y/N: Think you can try something with that?

You tossed her the knife.

Y/N: I'll keep looking around and see if I can find something better. Maybe we can take the board off--

Clementine: Done.

You turned around and looked at the now opened door.

Y/N: How'd the hell did you pick a lock with a palette knife?

Clementine shrugged her shoulder and winks at you.

Y/N: Well, good job, none the less.

You both left the room and went out into the hallway, there was only one way to go, because the other way was blocked off with furniture.

Clementine: Okay, you stay here. I'll scout ahead and let you know if things are clear.

Y/N: Alright, be careful.

She smiles at you.

Clementine: Always. 

She sneaks past corner and after a minute, she comes back around.

Clementine: Someone's coming.

Y/N: Shit! Let's hide next to this dresser thing.

You and crouch down next to it and waited. Soon, a short kid with a burn scar on his face comes around the corner and walks up the room you two were in. He gasps and pulls out his knife. You nod at Clementine and you both stand up.

Clementine: We're right here.

He gets startled and puts his hands up.

Clementine: Drop the knife.

Y/N: I suggest that you listen to her.

???: And I suggest that you listen to me when I say "Drop the knife and take a step away from him."

You look to your right and see a man pointing a drawn bow at you and Clem. 

Y/N: You have a bow and there's two of us. If you hurt me or especially her, things will not look easy.

???: Sure, but I won't hurt you or "especially her", not unless you make me. And your boy? We got him, he's safe. But that can change if you decide not to listen to me.

Clementine drops her knife and slides it over to him. He puts his bow away and walks up to you.

???: See? We're not gonna hurt you. I'm Marlon, and this little guy is Tennessee, we call him Tenn for short. He's been taking care of you two, and he doesn't really talk much.

Clementine: Clementine, and this is Y/N. 

Marlon: Sorry about locking the door and tying you to the bed and all. You we're in pretty rough shape when we found you, especially him, we though he wouldn't make it.

Y/N: Sorry to disappoint, but I refuse to let some wack car crash kill me. That would be a stupid way to die.

Clementine: We understand. You wouldn't to want to open the door and have two walkers waiting for you.

Marlon: Exactly. It must've been tough out there. For the three of you. Anyway, didn't mean to scare you. Just being cautious.

Y/N: So, about our boy. He didn't get hurt, did he?

Marlon: Nope, just a few scratches and scrapes. I'm surprised, with how that car ended up and how unscathed he is. That's real lucky.

Y/N: Luck counts for a lot nowadays. 

Marlon: That it does. Well, I've taken up enough of your time. Let's go see your boy.

He walks away with Tenn following close behind him. You look at Clementine and she shrugs her shoulders before following him out. You soon do the same.