Chapter 2

*Celosia "Robin" Douglas's POV:

I left the bedroom section and walked over to Gaia, whom was waiting right near the cafeteria's door. She spotted me.

"Is Hikari alright?" She asked.

"She's fine, she's sound asleep. Where's Beval?"

"He's in the kitchen directing Yasmine and Devon to put the food back in their rightful place" Gaia sighed in frustration, taking off her bonnet in the process, revealing her French braids. "They really need to stop doing this. Their curiosity is getting to the best of them. If they truly knew what was up there, trust me, they would never try to escape again. That virus will kill them."

I stared at her. It was true, it can. Even though Gaia was one of the nurses in the shelter, as a hunter, I told her everything I and my other fellow hunters have seen up top. The world's population was getting lower and lower. So much has changed up there.

"Then why didn't you try to leave with us? Why didn't you try to sneak out?" Hikari's voice played in my head.

She was right about this place but it's all we've got. We had nowhere else to go and that annoyed me. But then after everything Danny had told us, it's either here or death. Who knows when the New World Order and World Peace will start? Even then, I would still be hesitant about going out. But then I had to think: we are nearing the New World Order/World Peace era of Danny's prophecy. What will happen once that's over in the next three years and World War 3 starts? How will it start? Will we have enough supplies to survive? Will we ever be able to leave, even after it's all over? Should we take Hikari's advice, leave and find a better place?

"Celosia?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Gaia. "Yes?"

"Are you alright? You were staring out into space."

"Yeah, I was just thinking. You do know that the New World order and World Peace Era is coming up just like Danny said, right? Well, me and the hunters haven't gone on a hunting mission in about three months because luckily, we've gathered a good number of items. But I do wonder how they will get rid of the virus since it should come to an end soon."

"I don't know, ask Danny" Gaia said with a shrug, not really interested in my conversation. We were leaning against a wall near the cafeteria door, waiting for Beval to come out.

I felt slightly awkward. It's like that same feeling you have when you're in a group and they're listening to you talk, but one of them decides to cut you off and talk about something else with the other group members. I know that isn't the same, but still.

"Hikari did say that we could find a better, more fit place to take shelter. Why not do it during the World Peace Era? By then, the pandemic should be over and done with and we can finally-"

"But then there will be a crazy ass leader who will raise hell on anyone who goes against him" Gaia interrupted me, looking down at her nails.

"Who said we had to go against him? Minding our business is always an option" I argued.

"And God forbid, what if they see us Experi-babies and realize that not all of us are wiped out? Then what? They just might suspect there are more out there, making it harder for us to feel safe. We might just be the only Experi-babies left on earth since a good portion of them were either exterminated or killed by the virus. World peace is only world peace towards those who are on the leader's side and those without powers" Gaia grumbled, proceeding to sigh deeply as she pinched her nose bridge. "Honestly, what can we do?"

"Well, contacts are a thing you know? We can blend in. Shimizu would've wanted us to not only be safe but to also live instead of just surviving."

"Celosia..." Gaia said sternly before she stopped and sighed. I had a feeling me bringing Shimizu up frustrated her a bit, but she maintained her composure and spoke. "Until we figure out how to survive World War 3, we will continue to stay here where it's safe. Do not let Hikari's childish tendencies rub off on you. At the end of the day, we need to be grateful we've even survived this far, we could've been long dead...like our fellow kin" Gaia bluntly responded.