Chapter 27

Skylar

I woke up to see Zander staring at me,holding my hand with both of his.

"What are you staring at?" My voice came out hoarse.He gave me a cup of water and I gratefully downed all of it in seconds."What happened?"

"You got kidnapped remember?" His eyes held so much concern for me.

"Oh.Yeah.The last thing I remember is...I don't know." But I do remember getting bit by the strigoi.My hand naturally reached up to my neck and I feel it.And my mind automatically replay what had happened there.I shuddered and Zander pulls up the cover,thinking that I'm cold."Wait,did they do a rescue mission?" I frowned.He nods."Did they let you come along?"

"No.Rose won't let me.She's the one that saved you.And Dimitri." He gave me a small smile."They are in the next room."

"What? Why? Did something happened?" I said as I sit up.

"Dimitri won't tell me.But I think he'll tell us now."

We were about to went in but it seems like they're having a conversation and we don't want to interrupt.And we're kind of eavesdropping.

"I almost lost you.Again." We heard Dimitri said.

"But you didn't.I'm still here.You're stuck with me until the end."

Okay,that's sweet.Zander smiles at me and I returned the smile.Rose and Dimitri are our role models.And we love them.Then the door opens.

"How long have you guys been standing here?" He asked,grinning.

"We weren't eavesdropping." I said,shaking my head,making me feel a little dizzy.

"I didn't say you were." He said,still grinning.

"Okay.Fine.We were.But only a little." Rose laughs.

"Terrible liar you are Skylar." She chuckled and I laughed a bit then went over to hug her.

"Hey Rose," I said as I hug her."What happened to you?" My voice laced with concern.

"You know,some things." She said playfully but I could hear that there's something else and I saw the bite mark.

"You too huh?"Her face shows understanding and nods.I hug her again."Sorry."

"Skylar there's nothing to be sorry for.I'm just glad that you're alive and well now." She said as she placed her hand on my cheek then pulls me into a hug yet again."And Zander here,was so worried.He hasn't left your side at all."

Dimitri pats Zander's back.

"Dimitri too hasn't left your side." Zander said.

"How could I?" He went over and kisses Rose's forehead.

"We're lucky to have them." She said,looking at Dimitri lovingly."Come on,let's get something to eat.I am starving!" She said as she stood up and we all laughed.

Rose 

We went to the cafe and met Lissa and Christian there with my squad.

"Oh good,you woke up." Mayfly sighed in relief as she stood up to hug me."I got a broken leg then Lissa healed me.So..all good! But what about you?" 

"I'm fine Ash,and didn't we agreed to use our real names while we're here?" I said as i sat down,looking at my squad.

"Right.We're just not use to it." Josh (Tank) said.

"Yeah,besides it's not like we get to stay here longer.Hans are calling all Hunters to meet him in about 40 minutes.We were just about to see you." Castor (X) said sadly.