Chapter 23

Rose

"Hunters!" Everyone heads turn to look at me."Shut up! Guardian Croft has something to say." I went back to my seat.

"Thank you,Sargeant Silencer." That's what they call me around here.They treat us like soldiers.They don't use our real names.We use codenames.And my codename is Silencer.It's ridiculous really.They call me that because i'm a fast killer.Sometimes strigoi don't even have a chance to turn around or see my face.And they call the ones below Sargeants,Hunters.We were divided into 5 squads.Each squads consists of 8 people."I have an announcement to make." Hans doesn't come here often,he only comes when there's a big announcement to make or something else."You guys have been doing a really good job on killing Strigoi.And for these past months,all the strigoi attacks decreased.So we decided that we'd give you a break," I saw everyone's faces light up,including me.We supposed to do this for 4 months but they increased it into 8 months.And it's only been 6 months now."But only for 1 week or less than that.We might call you back earlier so,all of you are going back to Court.Only Court.No other place than that.If you want to visit someone,they have to come to you.Understand?"

"Sir,yes sir!" We all shouted.

"You'll be leaving in an hour." And after that we started packing.

"I can't believe they're giving us a break!" Said Mayfly.Told you these codenames are ridiculous."I'm going to relax all week."

"You can't do that.I mean you can,but you still have to train.To keep your strength up." I said firmly.

"I will Sarge." She nodded.

"Listen up! Just because we get a week off,doesn't mean we can slack off.We need to keep up our strengths and improve our skills.5 hours of training every morning in the gym.Understand?!"

"Yes Sarge!" They all shouted.I've been training with them for months.At first,they don't really like me but after a month they warmed up to me and now they're pretty loyal to me.We'd always watch each others back.

*****************************************************************

"Hey Sarge," Said Tank."Do we have to stay with our squad the whole time when we're there?

"No.We only have to gather in training and after that you guys are free." I smiled.After awhile,we finally arrived at Court.I saw Mayfly and Zook mouths dropped."You guys have never been in Court.Haven't you?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"No,Sarge." Said Zook,clearing his throat.

"We have to go to Guardian Croft's office first," Just to check in."Let's go." Then,they follow my lead.We walked the hallway,and most of them stare at us.And i am uncomfortable with that,and so are the rest of the squad.

"Rose!" Someone shouted.It's been so long since someone calls my real name.And that voice,i know that voice anywhere.Then i saw him.Dimitri.My mouth stretched into a wide smile.Then Zook and Tank stand protectively in front of me and took out their knives.

"Stand down Hunters!" I shouted and they back off.I ran to Dimitri as he ran towards me then i crushed him with a hug.I'm in his arms.

"Roza,Roza," He murmered in my hair.I pulled back from the hug and smothered him with kisses.He laughs."I missed you." He whispered against my lips.And i kissed him hard again.God,i missed the taste of his lips.

"I missed you too.God knows,how i missed you." I hug him tightly,never wanting to let go."I love you." It felt so good to say that to him in person.

He smiled."I love you more." Then he crushed my lips with his yet again.

"Not possible." I chuckled.