Chapter 22

Dimitri

These past few weeks passed by in a fog.Zander and Skylar started dating since the dance and their relationship is so much like ours.Rose is on my mind everyday,every hour,every minute,every second.I dream of her every night.Some good and some bad.Mostly bad,and that just makes me anxious.I'm so worried for her safety.I don't know what i'd do if i lose her.Lissa's baby will probably be born any day now.I hardly slept.I spent most of my times in the gym or guarding Christian.I sometimes fell asleep in the gym.I don't even know where the heck is Rose.I don't know how she can turn a stoic person like me into a lovesick person.She amazed me a lot of times.

"Okay everyone gather around.Zander,Skylar come up front." I yelled.I'm going to make him and Skylar train the seniors.To put some sense into them.Some- many of them think that they can take down an army of strigoi.Let's see how they deal with Zander and Skylar.

"What do you want us to do,Guardian Belikov?" Zander asked politely.

"I want you guys to train them.Split into two groups.Zander will take one group and Skylar you'll take the other.But first,we need to put some sense into the them." Zander and Skylar exchanged smiles.

"Who thinks they're ready to face strigoi,raise your hand." Almost the whole class raised their hands.I sigh.These guys need to wake up."Alright.Who thinks they can beat Zander here?" Half of the class,shot up their hands,smirking."Okay,William.Come on," William Boone.He's one of the most arrogant novice in this school.

They took their fighting stance.

"Watch out Zander," William said,smirking.Oh,Zander is going to beat this kid in seconds.

"Start." I said.As soon as i said that William tried to punch Zander but Zander got a hold of his arm and flipped him then "staked" him.I look at my timer.20 seconds.Other novices laugh a bit and i didn't bother to chastise them.He deserves them."Good job Zander and William,do not underestimate your opponent and think before you attack." He just sigh unsatisfied.

"Okay.Who thinks they can beat Skylar here?" Once again,half of the class raised their hands.If they think Zander is lethal wait untill they see Skylar.William raised his hand again but i tend to ignore him."Jodie,Chris." I called them."You two against Skylar."

They took their fighting stance on the mat.

"Start," Chris made the first move.He tried to give Skylar a left jab but Skylar ducked and kick him on the ribs instead then Jodie tried to kick Skylar's stomach but Skylar grabbed her leg then flip her over then "staked" her.Chris got up and threw a punch,Skylar caught his arm like Zander did,flipped him over then punched him hard then he's dead.She beat them in less than 10 minutes.I nodded at Skylar proudly.Jodie and Chris went back to their place."See,you guys can't even beat these two then how are you going to face a strigoi? You guys didn't even get a hit on them.Look,in less than a year,all of you are going to graduate and will be assign to a Moroi.How are you going to protect them if you can't even beat these two? From now on,you have to be more focus and think before you act or you'll end up dead with your Moroi.Split up into two groups." They did."Zander,you take the right group.Skylar,you take the left group."

"What do you mean by that?" Asked Gavin.

"Zander and Skylar will be your group leader and train you guys.I will help them and supervise all of you." I clasped my hand.

It's interesting to watch Zander and Skylar teach seniors.Some of them won't follow orders from them.Those will be sent to me and i'll make them suffer.

"Nice job you two," I said to them after class finished."I'll see you two after school.And bring the stakes that we gave you." Their eyes lit up in excitement.

"Really? You're gonna let us use silver stakes instead of wooden stakes?" Zander asked.

"Yes.It's time.I'll see you after school." They both nodded then left.

I took a seat on the bleacher and took out my book.I used Rose's picture as the bookmark.I took oit the picture and just smile at it.Honestly,what i just did today was Rose's plan.And it turned out great.Then Alberta came into the gym,walking towards me with a smile on her face.

"Belikov,this came in for you," She handed me the letter.

"Thanks." I said as i took it from her.She nodded then padded my shoulder then left.

I opened it and instantly knew it's from Rose.I recognize her writing.My heart jumped.

Dear Dimitri,
  How are you? I hope you're good and everyone else too.As for me,i'm tired and everything but still good.I miss you so much.Tell Zander and Skylar that i miss them too and hope they will get better.With you training them,they must be pretty lethal now.I'm so proud of them.Of course she is,i smiled to myself.I wish i could tell you where i am but i can't.Thankfully,all the guardians here are all nice people.I'm going to my first mission tomorrow.Don't worry about me too much.Being away from you is just agonizing.I know Liss is going to have her first newborn any day now and i'm sad that i won't be there to help her through it but i know Sparky will.Tell them i say congratulations.If anything happens to me,please don't torture yourself.I want you to move on with your life.I wish i could just hold you and kiss you right now.I hope i'll be back before you know it.I love you.Love,Roza.

"I love you too," I muttered to the letter.She must've wrote this yesterday and today is her first mission.I hope she'll get through this.God,i miss her.She's a great guardian and she'd never go down without a fight.She's a fighter.She will come back.