Chapter : 37 Risen

Author's Note: Three more chapters guys, and soon it will come to an end!!

----------|Draco's POV|----------

'NOOOOOOO!!!!' I screamed as I saw a bright flash of green light. The next moment, I saw Ava fall down on the ground. Her body had become pale, and her face held a frozen expression. I dropped on my knees, not able to believe what had just happened. From the corner of my eyes, I could see Harry heading towards the Forbidden Forest.

          I crawled towards her limp body, and cradled her in my arms. Her body was cold, and there was a drop of tear on her cheek, which I wiped away. She was gone...... dead.... I would never see her smile again, I would never hear her laugh. All those dreams I had of us being together..... all shattered to bits, right in front of my eyes. I held her close to me, and let out an anguished yell.

          I felt as if my whole world was breaking apart. How could she do this to me? After everything we had been through..... how could she leave me alone? She said that she hoped I would forgive her, but I didn't know how. I buried my face in her shoulder, misery taking over my heavy heart. I tucked a strand of hair behind her ear,

'I love you, Ava....' I whispered into her ears, 'I will always love you. Whenever I am with you, I always feel happy, you made me happy. I wish I'd have told this to you, but I feel as if you can hear me. You told me that no matter what happens, you'd be there for me, I need you now.... please.... open your eyes and look at me....' I broke down completely, devastated at the outcome of events. I didn't let go of her. I kissed her cold lips softly, thinking of all those times when she would kiss me back and tangle her fingers in my hair. I longed for her soft touch. I took her hands in mine and held it to my chest, and thought of every single moment we had spent together.

          Soon, I heard the sound of footsteps approaching, and it seemed to come from the forest. I assumed that Voldemort had finally killed Harry and was going to brag about it to everyone back at the school. I wiped my face of tears and carried Ava a little to the side, away from the direct view of anyone passing by. I was right, I saw Voldemort leading the group of death eaters; the giant Hagrid, walking behind him, carried Harry's body in his arms. I felt shattered, both of them gave up their lives, yet Voldemort won the battle. There was no one to defeat him now. The footsteps of the death eaters died away as they trooped towards the blown apart school.

           But I was aware of someone who remained behind. My mother made her way towards me from among the trees and hugged me.

'Oh my dear boy, I have been worried sick about you. I was looking everywhere for you, wondering if you were alive or dead.' She kissed me on both my cheeks, but my face held no expression. She then noticed me holding onto Ava, and looked at me wide-eyed. 'Is she-' I nodded my head in response and burst out crying again, this time into my mother's bosom. She held me close as I clung tightly to her, sobbing dryly as I had run out of tears.

'She's gone.... she's left me alone.... she said she was a horcrux.... and Harry... k... killed her'.

'But darling.... are you sure?' I looked up at her confused, 'My boy, Harry is not dead. I said he was, so that I could find you and make sure you were all right. He told me that you were alive when I asked him. I lied to the Dark Lord, and if he finds out, he will come for us. I hope the boy defeats him before that, but if not, we have to get away, and fast.' It took a few moments for me to analyze this, but as an answer to the questions in my head, I felt Ava's hand twitch in mine. I looked down at her and slowly shook her,

'Ava.... are you alive? Can you hear me? Ava? Please, come back to me.... mother, do something. Ava, Harry's alive, we can still defeat him. Ava.... please, I am not strong enough without you....'

          Suddenly I noticed her breathing slightly. I pressed my ear against her chest to see if there was a heartbeat, and felt overjoyed when I heard the thumping sound of it.

'Ava, wake up, its me.... Draco. Wake up love, and look at me...' her hazel eyes fluttered open. She looked at me and a small smile spread across her face.

'Malfoy?' Her voice rang in my ears. Feeling relieved, I hugged her in tight embrace.

'I love you Ava. Don't ever do this to me again', I said through tears of happiness.

'Draco.... is the war over?' She asked.

'We don't know darling, but we have to get out of here soon', said my mother.

'No, we have to go and help them', she said getting up. I looked at her and saw her determined face. I lost her once, I didn't want to lose her again, but I knew she never backed down on a decision she had made, I should know.

'Fine, let's go. But promise me you won't do anything stupid', she cupped my face in her hands and pressed her lips on mine. I felt the heaviness of my heart disappear in an instant. I pulled her towards me by her waist and deepened it. Pulling away, she rested her forehead on mine,

'If you mean killing myself, I think I've had enough. But we have to help Harry.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------|Ava's POV|----------

          We rushed into the courtyard of Hogwarts and saw the fight still going on. Death eaters, dead and bleeding, were strewn across the floor, many of whose bodies were smashed beyond recognition. We ran into the Great Hall and saw Harry and Voldemort, their wands pointing at each other, slowly moving in a circle, keeping a distance between them. They were talking with each other, while all the others stood around in silence, waiting for the next move,

(Voldemort's speeches will be given in Italics, while Harry's and the other's will be plain, so that there will not be much confusion while reading)

'That isn't how you work, is it Potter? Who are you going to use a shield this time?'

'Nobody, its just you and me now. There are no more horcruxes left,' said Harry.

'Well, that is where you are wrong. You see, I still have one horcrux which you have no idea of'.

'If you're talking about Ava Greene, don't worry, I've already killed her', a few gasps echoed across the hall. Draco and I were standing in the middle of the crowd and no one had noticed me yet. Harry continued, 'And if I am right, she will still be alive, like me. You know why, because both of us gave up our lives willingly. And that sacrifice has cast an invisible protection charm on everyone in this hall from you. Haven't you noticed how not one of your spells are binding on them?'

'You're lying! Ava would never do that!'

'Well think again', I spoke up from among the crowd. All eyes turned on me, and few moved out of the way so that I had a clear view of Voldemort, who looked shocked, and Harry, who, if I was not mistaken, looked relieved. 'I warned you that I would surrender myself, but you thought that I was too cowardly to do it, didn't you? I stand for what is right, and that.... is your death'.

          Voldemort's eyes gleamed bright red as he became furious. He jerked his wand, and pointed it in my direction.

**********