Chapter : 16 Christmas!

On Christmas morning, we all gathered around the beautifully lit tree, including Alfred, and started opening presents. Uncle Sev got me a really pretty bracelet which was studded with gems of red and green, he got Draco Slytherin themed Quidditch robes, right from the scarf to the gloves. He handed us our gifts and then headed to the kitchen to see to breakfast. Alfred was really happy with what I had got him, it was a miniature flying broomstick, small enough to sit on the palm of your hands, but very fast.

          He gifted me a muggle book about the things muggles believed about wizards. 'I think you will find it hilarious, some of the things written in it are ridiculous!'

Then I handed Draco his presents, a quill made of a raven's feather with a silver nib and a bottle of Felix Felicis.

'How did you get this?' He asked, curiously.

'I made it', I said nonchalantly.

'But how, it takes six months to brew it'.

'Well, I may have cheated a little, I used a time charm. But I assure you, it works just as well. I've been working on it all these days. I thought it would be a nice present because I knew how badly you wanted it and I guessed you would need it very soon.'

'Thank you, I appreciate it. Now here's my present', he said and handed me a box. I was a little disappointed when I saw that it was just a few treats. I plastered a fake smile on my face and thanked him. I couldn't believe that he was smirking. I then got up and left to get some glasses of cider.

----------|Draco's POV|----------

'I'll go get us some cider from the kitchen, do you want anything else?' She asked and then left, leaving me alone with Alfred. I don't think I've ever been in a more awkward situation before, except maybe the ferret incident, that was beyond humiliating. I was brought back to my senses when the bloke cleared his throat, evidently trying to make conversation.

'So... um... I noticed you've got the same mark as Ava and Uncle Sev, but she tells me that you are not like the rest of the them.'

'She talks about me?' I asked surprised. I was curious to know what she said behind my back, probably it was all bad things, because we fought most of the time.

'Oh yeah, all the time. She told me of all the times you both got each other in trouble. I couldn't stop laughing when I read those letters. She was always ecstatic whenever she talked about you.' Then after a pause he continued, 'She loves you, you know. She won't admit it, not even to me, but I've seen the way she looks at you.' And with that he stopped talking and played with his broomstick for a while.

          I needed a moment to process this in my head. She always talked about me, she felt happy whenever she got me into trouble, well, in a way I did too, but I never thought she ever felt that way about me. In any case, she acted the total opposite. Now that I thought about it, I think I liked her too, everytime I looked into her eyes, a different kind of magic spread over me. I felt happy whenever I held her in my arms. And when I kissed her...... maybe I did love her. But my thoughts were interrupted when she came back in with four mugs of cider on a tray with Snape following close behind her.

          We then started singing a few carols and the entire time, I couldn't take my eyes off her. Suddenly, she seemed more beautiful than when I laid my eyes on her during the dance.

----------|Ava's POV|----------

          After carols, we had a small, but delicious Christmas lunch. Uncle Sev said that he would be in the living room reading for a while. What better moment than to pull a few pranks? I thought my first victim would be the unsuspecting Uncle. I told Draco and Alfred what I was planning and they couldn't stop chuckling.

          Uncle Sev was sitting in an armchair by the fire, reading one of his leather bound books, my plan was to split the seams of his cloak so that when he got up, the back part of the cloak would just fall down. 'Diffindo', I whispered and motioned Alfred to do the next step, which was to make him get up.

'Uncle Sev, could you come here a moment, the cabinet is shaking'.

'It must be a boggart, call Ava or Draco, they can handle it', Uncle Sev said, not looking up from his book.

'They are not here, they went into the cellars to get something. Its shaking very badly Uncle', he said with a fake trembling in his voice. Uncle Sev let out an exasperated sigh and got up, but his cape did not follow, exposing his entire backside. The boys couldn't control themselves any longer, they dropped to the floor and started laughing their heads off. Even I couldn't handle it, clutching my sides I rolled on the floor, tears running down my cheeks.

          We were still laughing for the next fifteen minutes, 'Did you.... see his face.... when he got up!' Choked Draco.

'Priceless! Ava, this was one of your best ideas yet!' Remarked Alfred. Uncle Sev had gone in a huff to his room to wear new robes. We settled after a few more minutes, a few snorts heard now and then.

'I haven't laughed like this in ages! Ava Greene, please don't go back to Hogwarts. Or maybe go back as fast as you can, and learn more spells like these.'

          We then decided to play the radio for a while and listened and danced to some music. We were like lunatics, probably because of all the cider we had drunk. We danced round in circles, did something between an Irish jig and ballet, overall it was the best Christmas so far. Time flew, and soon Alfred had to go, leaving me and Draco alone in the room.

          Suddenly he got up, 'Oh, I almost forgot. Come with me, I've got a surprise for you.' He led the way upto his room, I hesitated a little before entering, not sure what he was up to. He picked up a package from the table and handed it to me. I unwrapped it, and inside the small box, was a chain with a beautiful silver locket of a snake wound around a heart.

'Its lovely Draco, thank you'.

'You really didn't think that I got you a bunch of treats for Christmas did you?'

'I admit, I was a little disappointed when I opened it'.

'Well, I didn't want your friend to see what I had got you. Here, let me put it on for you.'

          He walked behind me and moved my hair aside. I could feel his warm breath on the back of my neck, sending chills down my spine. He managed the clasp and planted a light kiss which made me want to squirm with pleasure. I turned around to face him, his eyes locked with mine, I leaned closer to him, almost an inch away from his lips. Then suddenly I tickled him all over! He squealed like a baby and backed away from me.

'Stop! Hey! What was that for?'

'I don't want you to think that I am so easy to approach. That you can get everything you need just by hypnotizing me with those devilish eyes.'

'These eyes are devilish now, are they?' He said with a wide smirk, then lunged forward and started tickling me with no mercy. We were both on the floor dying with laughter, that we did not notice someone standing by the doorframe.

'I think that is enough laughter for a day. Ava, go to bed, its late'.

'Oh Uncle Sev, surely you have heard that laughter is the best medicine', I said while getting up and straightening myself.

'That may be, but I don't see why exposing my backside has to be involved in that'.

'Come on Severus, you're no fun', I said while crossing my hands over my chest, then I whispered to Draco, 'He's only acting like this because you are here. He's not usually like this, he's a little embarrassed that his favourite student saw his backside'. And I slowly walked out of the room, giving Uncle Sev a sly look.

**********

If you want to check out the quill I mentioned earlier, I have it up in Chapter : 3.
Thank you guys so much for your love and support, but do comment and vote!