Chapter : 20 Blood

Author's Note: Hey guys! Hope you are enjoying the story so far, I've been working on it so hard, and I would appreciate it if you would leave a comment and vote! Thank you!! Enjoy!!!

----------|Draco's POV|----------

          I couldn't sleep well last night, I kept tossing and turning in my bed. The thought of the task kept haunting me in my sleep. I didn't want Ava to see that I hadn't been sleeping, so I did my best to make myself look less like a ghost and more like a person, but in vain. I made my way to the Great Hall and saw to my shock and dismay, Katie Bell talking to Harry at the end of the Hall.

          Terror and panic engulfed me, I suddenly felt suffocated and uneasy. I pushed past everyone and made my way to the toilets, dreadful thoughts crossing my mind. Did she remember who gave her the package? Were they already tracing the source of it? Did they know it was me? Was I just minutes away from being expelled? I couldn't get expelled! You Know Who would kill my parents and then kill me.

          I burst into Moaning Myrtle's toilet, taking off my vest and tie as I did so. I couldn't breathe properly, I broke down completely, tears stinging my eyes, I wished I had Ava by my side, only she could comfort me. Then I heard the door open, and turned in hope to see her, but instead, I found Potter standing there, looking at me with rage.

'I know what you did Malfoy! You hexed her didn't you!' He shouted. And without thinking I shot a spell at him, which missed. Soon, we were shouting spells at each other, I was trying my best not to get hit, but something did.

----------|Ava's POV|----------

          I woke up that morning feeling extremely glum, a gut feeling told me that something bad was going to happen that day. I got dressed and made my way to the Great Hall, but just as I was getting there, I was rudely pushed by someone. When I turned to confront the person, all I noticed was a patch of white-blonde hair making its way away from the crowds.

          Then I was shoved again, but this time it was Harry. Feeling nervous, I quickly followed them. Harry was in pursuit of Draco and I was just behind Harry. I saw Draco enter the toilets, and in a few moments Harry joined him. I stood just outside the door, not sure whether I wanted to walk in or not. But then I heard crashes and the breaking of pipes.

          Panicking, I stopped a few third years and instructed them to call Professor Snape immediately. Making up my mind, I opened the door, only to see a body flying across the floor!

'NOOOO!' I wailed, Draco lay on the wet floor, blood coming out from every possible place! I ran over and knelt beside him, taking his face in my hands.

'No, no, no, Draco, stay with me. STAY WITH ME!!! Everything is going to be fine. I've sent for help. Look at me Draco, please!' I was crying uncontrollably. He kept bleeding, and I could not do anything! I did not know what to do!

          The door burst open and Uncle Sev made his way to where I was, I moved aside, and watched him mutter a few incantations which drained the blood from all around. He then pulled Draco into a standing position.

'I'm taking him to Madam Pomfrey's. Harry, don't go anywhere', he snarled and left, carrying a limp Draco by his side. I slowly got up, feeling lost, drenched in water and Draco's blood, and turned to face Harry.

'You.... you did this to him! How could you Harry!'

'Ava... no... I didn't know.....'

'I knew you hated him Harry, but I didn't know you disliked him so much you wanted to.... kill him', my voice was rising with every word. I couldn't control myself, anger was boiling inside me. I tried to keep it in, but it was hard.

'I... Ava... please...'

'He could have been dead because of you!'

'Ava! Why do you care so much about him? Its not like he didn't deserve what he got.' That's when I completely lost it, before I could stop myself, my hand went right across his face, making his glasses askew.

'He definitely did NOT deserve what you did to him!!!' And I strutted out of the toilets, once out of there, I ran all the way to the common room, ignoring all the stares from all sides. I slammed the door of my room and broke down. I cried like I had never cried before, the image of Draco covered in blood kept flashing across my eyes.

          I buried my face in my pillow and cried for a long time. I only lifted my head when I heard a knock and Hermione's voice coming from the other side of the door.

'Ava? Ava, come out. Please come and eat something.'

'Go away! I don't want anything!' No sound came after that, but I decided to get up. I needed to see Draco, see how he was doing. I changed the still bloody clothes and put on some fresh ones, washed my face thoroughly and combed my hair. I then checked if the coast was clear, except for a few first and fifth years, all had gone for supper.

          I made my way to the hospital wing, praying and hoping that nothing serious had happened to him. His bed was at the farther end of the wing, all the other beds were empty. I made my way straight to him.

          His face was pale and there were two long scars across his bare chest. My eyes filled with tears, but at that moment Madam Pomfrey came in, holding a bottle of lotion.

'Ah, Ms. Greene, have you come to see him? He hasn't been conscious since he was brought in, so I don't think you'll be able to talk to him.'

'That's okay, I'll just be here', I said softly and pulled up a chair beside his bed. 'Are his scars permanent?'

'I am afraid they are, the cuts were very deep. But don't worry, they will not be as harsh as they seem now, they will fade in a few days', she said reassuringly. She then opened the bottle and poured the lotion onto a thick piece of cloth.

'Shall I help you Madam Pomfrey?'

'Why not, just apply it on the wounds, that will do. He will be up and about in two days.' She said, patted me and left. I placed myself beside him on his bed and slowly dabbed the cloth with medicine on the scars. I felt a teardrop run down my cheek, which I immediately wiped away.

          I replaced the cloth and sat back in my chair, just watching his serene, yet blank face, showing no worry and no signs of exhaustion. In a way, Harry had done him a favour, Draco was now resting, and with Madam Pomfrey looking after him, he was sure to gain enough rest. A few more tears flowed down my cheek, I couldn't control it.

         I clasped his hand in mine and kissed it fondly, hoping that he knew I was with him.

**********