Chapter 12

I ran. And ran. I don't even know Where I ended. It Was some beach, and I didn't recognise the name on the sign. I Was panting, because of all the running. Tears streaming, and my cut had almost opened again. I sat down in the sand, and put my face between my knees. I wanted to go back. But what would happen? I couldn't learn anything, I would just have been a burden. My siblings would do their best to make everything ok, but it wasn't possible anymore. I let them down.

They ran after me, but I Was the fastest runner. They had lost me just a couple of minutes after I started running. They were probably searching the whole town by now. I don't even know if I'm still in LA. I don't know how long I ran, so I have no idea.

A family passed by me, and looked at me like I Was crazy or something. Then I remembered that I Was still in my pj's. Shit. But it Was no going back. I would look like a complete idiot, coming right back when I ran away. I neither think I want to. I'm just so dissapointing. I started sobbing again.

"Hey!" I heard someone shout, and turned my head to wherever the voice came from. Oh no. "Riley, is that you?". I got up from the ground, and started walking away. I couldn't run, my energy at the bottom. I hadn't eaten all day, that Was probably the cause. I wish I could run. I really didn't want to go home. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and i jumped a bit. "Riley, what are you doing here?!" It Was Dominic Barnes, a friend of Riker. "Yeah, your family has been going crazy, you've been missing for HOURS!" Curt Mega Was with him, another friend of Riker. I looked down at my almost ripped-apart slippers. "Come on, we have to get you home" Dom said, but I shook my head. "You don't understand! I can't go back! I'm a dissapointment!" I said, trying to back away. "Riley, what are you talking about? You're not a dissapointment!" Curt said. I didn't answer, still looking at my slippers. I felt weird.

"Riley, you ok?" "RILEY WAKE UP!" "Someone call an ambulance!"