Chapter 7

I walk around the zoo picking up rubbish. I check the time it's almost lunch, I'll have an hours break before I have to continue working until five-thirty.

"Jezebel? Jezebel Winters?" The voice sends shivers down my spine and not the bad kind.

"What do you want?" I groan turning around to face Miss Sage.

"Nothing, I was just surprised to see you... Working." She says.

"Yeah, well, you don't know anything about me."

"Clearly." She mutters and an awkward silence falls over us and begins to suffocate me. We both seem to be eyeing each other, watching, waiting... But for what? To see of the if she feels the same way. A small voice in the back of my head whispers, but I ignore it.

"Can I help you, Miss Sage?" I sneer.

"Please call me Thalia outside of school, miss sage makes me feel old." She says surprising me.

I frown. "How old are you?"

"Twenty-two." She answers. I look her up and down and nod approvingly and when I look back up to her face our eyes lock.

"JEZZY!" A shout breaks our contact, my eyes dart around to find the face that matches the voice.

"Hey Gabriel." I grin and pick him up as he barrels into my arms. "How are you today?"

"I'm great, I've been having a great day!" He says hugging his arms around my neck.

"Really?"

"Yeah! Today's been great!" He bellows.

"That's great, let's hope we get more of these days." I say with a genuine smile.

"Hey Jezebel, can you look after Gabe? I've been called into work." Mum says coming up to us.

"Of course I can look after my little man." I ruffle his hair.

"Thank you... And who are you?" Mum asks turning to face Thalia, aka Miss Sage.

"I'm Thalia Sage, Jezebel's history teacher." Thalia answers and the two shake hands.

"Clarissa Winters. I hope Jezebel's been behaving, I know she can be a bit of a mischief maker when at school."

"Mum!" I whine.

"Her behaviour is... Appalling, but despite that she's doing really well with her work and her grades aren't dropping one bit, Jezebel is a very smart girl." I blush slightly but hide it by using Gabriel as a shield.

Mum sighs deeply. "I'll talk to you missy when I get home, now I better be off. It was nice meeting you Thalia."

"Nice meeting you too Mrs Winters." Thalia says politely.

Mum chuckles lightly. "I'm not married, and please call me Clarissa." At that mum makes her leave.

"Hi, I'm Gabriel, jezzy's little brother." Gabe breaks the silence my mother left us in.

"Well hi there Gabriel." Thalia says with a genuine smile.

I sigh. "Alright my little man, I have my lunch break now, you hungry?" I ask Gabriel.

"Yes... You want to join us?" He asks Thalia and I can't help but groan.

"Ugh, well, um..." She seems at a loss for words.

"It's fine if you do." I say surprising myself and her.

"Well, I was suppose to be meeting someone... But it seems there a no show." She answers a little hesitantly.

"Then it's settled, you'll join us for lunch." Gabriel declairs.

"Gabriel, you can't make someone do something they dont want to do." I tell him exasperated.

"But she wants to come." He says mater of fact.

"You dont know that." I say.

"But, but, but, if she didnt want to join us for lunch then she would of just said no out right, instead she said she was suposed to be meating someone, but that they're a no show, which means she wants to have lunch but her better judgment is arguing with against the idea and... and..."

"Ok, and there he goes, doing his creepy people reading thing. How old are you?" I say looking at him like hes a freak of nature. He just looks at me with a big cheeky smile. I look up to Thalia to find her staring at gabriel in disbelief. "So... If my brother hasn't just scared you away..."

"Um, sure, why not." She says shrugging. I smile slightly then lead the way to the food area, where food carts and small shops are set up. I put Gabriel down and he runs off ahead of us.

"So, who we're you suppose to be meeting..." Then I remember something. "Let me guess, boyfriend?"

"Why would you think that?" She asks.

"Well guys are the only ones that stand you up without an explanation." I say in a duh tone.

She chuckles lightly. "How do you even know I have a boyfriend, hmm?"

"A friend of mine saw you kissing some guy first day of school." I answer.

Her jaw sets tightly. "He is not my boyfriend..."

"Ex then?" I ask.

"Something like that." She mutters, clearly not wanting to continue this subject. "What about you... Have a girlfriend?" She questions, steering the conversation away from her.

"Ha! Me have a girlfriend, pfft. Funniest thing I've herd all day." I laugh.

She looks at me quizzically. "I'll take that as a no?"

"Not in a million years. I don't have time for a girlfriend."

Something along the line of hurt flashes behind her eyes, but it's gone so fast I can't be sure. Why would she be hurt over me not having time for a girlfriend? Ugh! What's it matter anyway!

The rest of my lunch break consisted of me getting to know Thalia and visa versa. Of course though I didn't tell her anything about my home life, despite Thalia's not so subtle questions trying to find out why, me of all people, would be working, but, much to my dismay, Gabriel did manage let on how much nicer I am outside of school and how I'm the best sister ever, although I didn't mind that last comment. Thalia and Gabriel got along really well, and I have to admit it made me a little jealous but at the same time I was kind of happy that they did.

"Well I better get back to work I've already gone half an hour over my lunch break." I say with a light smile.

"Yes, and I better get home, I have tests to mark." Says Thalia also smiling.

"Ugh! Tests!" I groan.

Thalia chuckles, "Yes I don't really like them either."

"Then why do you make us do them?" I whine.

"Cause there mandatory."

"Ugh! Whatever."

At that we all get up and say our goodbyes.

"It was nice meeting you Thalia." Says Gabriel flashing an award winning smile.

Like it/Hate it???

Please

VOTE

and

COMMENT!!!

Sorry it's taken me so long to update, but I've just been really busy with Christmas and New Years and now I'm at my farther's and when I'm there I'm usually always busy, but I'll do my best to update real soon.