Chapter 4

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep* Stupid alarm clock. I reach an arm out from the comfort of my blankets and smack my alarm clock till it shuts up. Then pull my arm back into the comfort of my blankets and go back to sleep, where thoughts of my sexy history teacher envelope me... wait! What! No! I can not have a supid crush on that stupid, sexy, bitch, beautiful, history teacher, Miss Sage... it is just a crush right?... Of course it is, Ive only met her once!

"Jezebel, come on sweetie, you got to get up." Mum says coming in about five minutes later.

"Mum? Why arent you at work?" I ask, eyes still shut.

"I have to take Gabriel to the hospital." She says. Im out of bed and dressed in less then five minutes.

"Im coming!" I say to my mother who still stands in my room.

"No, you'll go to school, Ill keep you updated and if it gets serious, Ill come and get you, ok?"

"...Fine." I mutter unhapilly. I go out into the lounge room where Gabriel lies on the couch looking sickly pale. "You ok?" I aks kneeling down beside the couch so we're at eye level.

He shrugs, then says, "I'll be ok."

"Jez, you need to go or you'll be late for school." Mum says.

I get up unwillingly and grab my book bag thats basicly empty, it only hold, my sketch book, one note book, a pencil and some money for lunch. Then I grab my skateboard, say goodbye and make my way to school. The hole way to school my thoughts are either on Gabriel or Miss Sage.

*****

All throughout class I'm checking my phone constantly for any messages from mum. "Everything ok?" Sunny asks.

"Mum had to take Gabe to the hospital, waiting for an update." I tell her, Sunny is the only one who knows about Gabriel's cancer, but only because she's been my best friend for as long as I can remember.

"Shit! Why didn't you tell me straight away?"

"Cause I'm trying to stay calm." I mutter, my foot tapping furiously on the floor.

"You haven't started on you drawing?" Says Mrs Harper, my art to teacher towering over Sunny and I.

"Sorry, just have other things on my mind." I tell her truthfully.

"Alright, but you'll have to do it for homework." She says eyeing me carefully.

"Ok." I answer, then the bell rings singling the end of class.

"I'll walk you to your history class. I herd about this new smoking hot teacher of yours." Sunny says, with a grin.

"I thought you were straighter then a pole." I ask, checking my phone again, but there's nothing there.

"Yeah I am, but your not..." She trails off, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"She's a bitch!" I scoff.

"That's not what I was told."

"Oh yeah and what were you told?"

"That you started it, that you were a right royal bitch to her." She says with a laugh. "And you know what that means...?"

"Just cut to the chase, Sol!"

"That your totally into her." She squeals.

"Shush!" I hiss looking around, to make sure no one herd, once I'm satisfied I continue, "I am not into her, sure she's drop dead gorgeous, but she's still a bitch."

"The bitch that stole your heart."

"Stop being so dramatic! I only met her yesterday." I say, checking my phone once again, but there's still no messages.

"Wow! She is hot." Says sunny and I look up to realise that were outside of the class. I give an incredulous look. "What I might be straight but I know beauty when I see it." I roll my eyes.

"Goodbye." I say entering the classroom.

"Keep me updated." She calls out using her serious tone.

"I will." I say softly, then go to the back of the seat. Miss sages eyes watching me the hole way, guess she was expecting some harsh remark, but I'm just not in the mood for that at the moment.

"You ok?" Dylan asks.

"Fine." I say, flashing him a fake smile. He looks at me suspiciously but doesn't say anymore.

The hole class I'm discreetly checking my phone under the desk. "Hand it over." Says Miss sage spearing beside me causing me to jump slightly, guess I wasn't as discreet as I thought.

"Shit! Don't do that." I mutter. She looks at me expectantly.

"What?" I play the innocent card.

"Your phone." She says, holding her hand out expectantly.

"I don't know what your talking about my phones at home." My phone then buzzes and not caring that Miss Sage is standing right there I pull it out and check the massage.

[Hey it's Aron don't forget the dance off launch today.]

I groan annoyed, how did he even get my number! And why would he even text me he's on the other side of the class, he could of just called out! Miss Sage then snatches my phone and swiftly walks back to her desk. "You can have it back at the end of the day." She says over her shoulder, giving me devilish smirk. I glare at her coldly, today is not the day to piss me off.

... I sigh, I had completely forgotten about the dance off, I've had way more important things on my mind.

About five minutes later my phone buzzes again on Miss Sage's desk, my head snaps up and I stare at it trying to figure out how to get to it. What if the message is important, what if Gabriel's really sick! But then again what if it's just Aron or someone else? Who cares Gabriel comes first.

I jump out of my chair and rush to her desk snatching up my phone before she can. "Jezebel!" She says exasperated. I check the message ignoring her. It's from mum.

[Hey, Gabriel should be ok, keep your phone close just in case anything changes.]

I sigh sadly and reply,

[ok, but I going to have trouble with keeping my phone close, stupid teacher confiscated it, had to steel it off her desk just to do this.]

"Right you can have it back, I was just waiting on an important message." I say coldly, I place the phone back on her desk then turn swiftly on my heel, flicking my hair in her face.

Gosh she infuriates me. The bell goes, signalling lunch and everyone rushes out. "Don't forget the dance off!" Shouts Kade.

I slowly pack up my stuff so that I can talk to Miss sage privately, I wait for everyone to go then stand in front of Miss Sages desk and cough to get her attention.

"Can I help you?" She asks coldly, I guess I really pissed her off with my attitude.

"I really need my phone back." I say.

"You can collect it at the end of the school day."

"I won't even be here at the end of the school day, I only have three classes." This shocks her a little, I don't think she was expecting me to be smart enough to only have three classes.

"Well then you'll just have to wait till our class tomorrow."

"Please, it's important I have my phone close." I practically beg, she wavers slightly but not enough to crack.

"I'm sorry but no."

"Whatever." I growl before storming out. I'll just tell mum to text me on Sunny's phone... Now to go do this stupid dance off.

What did you think???

LIKE IT/HATE IT????

Please

VOTE

and

COMMENT!!!!!!