Chapter 16

Today was the day of the circus but instead of hearing Gabriel asking when it was time to go all I could here was him being sick. Gabriel was now getting both chemo and radiation treatment. The little bit of hair that he had grown after the last chemo treatment was gone and what little life he had left seemed to be too. He'd had to go in for a treatment yesterday and it was what was making him so sick.

It wasn't until late in the afternoon that the sickness had settled and Gabriel said he was feeling ok to go. Both mum and I were wary to take him but he insisted; how could we say no?

We rugged him up in warm cloths then piled into the car, off to pick up Sunny before meeting Thalia at the circus.

"Hey kiddo, how ya feeling?" Sunny asked as she hoped in the backseat of the car beside Gabriel.

"I'm ok." Gabriel said. He sounded so sick that it made me cringe.

"Mum two, how are you?" Sunny turned her attention to my mum.

My fave a small genuine smile. "I'm alright Sun and yourself?"

Sunny shrugged. "Eh, you know how it is." She then turned her attention to me. "Bestie?"

"I'm fine." I said.

"Is Miss Sage joining us at the circus?" Sol asked.

"Yep."

"This is going to be so good." She mumbled with a mischievous smirk.

The moment we reached the circus my eyes immediately scanned the parking lot for Thalia and when they found her I couldn't help the smile that took hold. I looked her up and down taking in her long legs clad in skin tight jeans and her admirable boobs wrapped in a red sweater and leather jacket. When my eyes reached her face again, I found her looking back at me with a shy smile and blush dusting her cheeks. I blushed in return at having just been caught checking her out.

She walked over to me. "Hey." She said softly.

"Hey." I replied just as softly. Our eyes were locked, staring contently into each other.

"Thalia!" Gabriel slipped into the rather small gap between the two of us and wrapped his little arms around her delectable legs. "You came!" He said happily.

"Of course I did, how could I turn down such an offer?" Thalia reached down to return the hug.

She then took a step back from me, seemingly also noticing the small amount of space between us, and turned her attention to my mother who now stood beside me.

"Miss Winters, nice meeting you again." She addressed politely, reaching her hand out to shake.

Mum took Thalia's hand. "You too."

"Thank you for inviting me." Thalia added.

"Well, Gabriel really wanted you to come, you sure made a hell of an impression on him." Mum said.

Thalia blushed and smiled shyly.

"Hey Miss Sage." Sunny spoke, a huge grin plastered on her face.

"Hello Sunny and please outside of school call me Thalia."

"Well let's get inside and find our seats, it's very cold out here." Mum said steering us all inside the huge circus tent.

During the show Gabriel sat between Thalia and I which much sucked but I didn't complain because it made Gabe happy. About half way through the show there was a break for everyone to go to the toilet and buy more snacks.

"I'm going to use the bathroom." Thalia said.

"Yeah me too." I said getting up and following after her.

Once we were out of sight of the others, I took hold of hand and pulled her towards the exit.

"What are you doing?" Thalia question.

"I've been wanting to get a moment alone other you since the moments laid eyes on you in the parking lot." I said as we exited.

"How are you?" I asked.

"I'm fine." She said.

"I mean with everything that happened with your parents?"

"Oh," she looked down, wrapping her arms around herself. "I'm ok, I haven't spoken to them since Christmas, I'm not ready to face them yet."

I pulled her to me as she shivered from the cold, wrapping my arms around her I spoke, "if you ever need to talk I'm here."

"Mhmm." She curled her fingers into the front of my shirt. "How are you?" She spoke softly.

"I'm better now." I whispered, reaching up to brush some hair from her face. "Your very beautiful, you know?"

She rolled her eyes but a smile tugged at her eyes. "Your very corny, you know?"

I moved in closer. "You love it."

"I think your a little cock-" I cut her words off as I pressed my lips to hers. She gasped at the contact but quickly reciprocated the kiss. It was soft, gentle and a even a little shy but it was perfect for our first kiss. When we pulled away I felt considerably warmer and a little breathless.

"I wasn't expecting that so soon." She murmured.

I blushed deeply adverb get eye contact. "I'm sorry."

Her fingers were cold as they clasped my chin and forced me to look at her. She then leaned in, surprising me by pressing a sweat kiss to my lips. "I didn't mind one bit." She said as she pulled away a grin taking hold of her features.

"Ehem." I cough had us jumping apart. "You two better get back inside before Mum two gets suspicious." Sunny said sounding very stern despite the huge smirk plastered across her face.

Thalia and I looked at each other, each with a blush and a dreamy smile of our own. After another fake cough from Sol I returned my gaze to asshole of a best friend. "Cock blocker." I joked, shoving Sunny aside and taking Thalia's hand, leading us back inside.

*****

I hope ya'll like this chapter, please vote and comment to show your support.

Also a huge thank you to everyone that's been voting and commenting. I never expected so many people to like my story so thank you all!