T H I R T Y - E I G H T

dvsn, no good.

Motheo.

Blinking my eyes open I find that I'm the only one still sprawled on the couch, I can't even recall falling asleep. Damn these couches.

I get up quickly fold the blanket and walk with it towards the rooms. I'm halted when I finally hear the ruckus in the kitchen, I stand in the entryway only to find everyone I had last seen last night.

"Oh, well, good morning sleepyhead." Tshiamo is the first to speak.

Looking around I see that everyone was helping with breakfast, the kitchen was quite a large one. One of the few things my father actually did splurge on, mainly because my mother wanted a large kitchen if she was being forced to leave the palace. However, I knew he wanted it too for moments exactly like these.

"Go brush your teeth and join us." Surprisingly the words roll out of my beautiful mates mouth.

My eyes immediately meet hers and I can immediately tell she's in a far better mood than she was last night. I nod and continue my walk into the room I had taken this blanket from, returning it I then step into the bathroom. Grabbing a spare toothbrush from the container underneath the basin.

My mother would throw away our toothbrushes every time so my siblings and I struck a deal and had her keep spare ones in the cupboards below. That way we could throw them away after use ourselves and she wasn't getting the creeps or whatever she gets from toothbrushes that stay unused for a while.

Once done I stare at the shower for a moment before deciding it would be rude to keep them waiting extra long. I'd get to it as soon as I was done eating.

Walking back into the kitchen I hear a chorus of 'finally' being mumbled and chuckle. Clearly, postponing the shower was a good call.

"And here I was thinking you all wouldn't mind if I just slipped into the shower real quick."

Kamo narrows his eyes at me, "King or not, we'd have definitely eaten without you."

They all laugh and agree as we start to place all the plates of food and empty plates on the table. Everyone takes their seat and out of instinct they leave the head and the seat to the left of the head empty. Lerato doesn't take notice as she slips into her rightful place, too busy conversing with my sister who's beside her.

Kuhle watching me with amused eyes as he glances at Lerato then up at me. I slowly make my way to the head and only when I lift my chair and pull it back does Lerato give me a piece of her attention. Her head then turns to her left and she notices the empty other head of the table before she turns back to me.

Kuhle holds a proud smirk and she notices, instead of using her words to tell him off — she uses her middle finger and I think it had the same affect.

Little conversation are had here and there but the most part is spent eating. Everyone helps with the dishes and soon we're all ready to leave, my siblings leave with their mates seeing as technically they were the guests.

Lerato asks if she can shower before we leave and so we step into separate showers and get cleaned up. I'm moisturising my skin when she knocks lightly on the door, "You can come in." I tell her however she only pops her head in.