P A R T I

If you're reading this, I'm assuming you've tightened your heart strings! Well, I'm glad you did and I'm glad you're here.

SO, please at least get past chapter one. The rejection doesn't happen there nor does this story centre around the rejection, tbh. There's a bigger plot than that. I suck at blurbs so just have faith. Lol.

Okay, thanks.

Enjoy. x

S O M E W H E R E  I N  P A R T  I

"He does miss you, Lerato, what he did wasn't the easiest of decisions. You know he has feelings for you."

"What do they matter if he can just walk away without having so much as a conversation with me first? What do they matter if he's just going to leave me the way the first did. What makes him so damn different?"

I hear him exhale rather violently as I hear a slight swooshing sound, "Are you kidding me? What makes him different!? Oh, I don't know maybe that he's not a innocent she-wolf killing, piece of shit, sorry excuse for a mate? Maybe that he's not a liar, or just maybe because he thought he was putting you first.

"Yeah, it might have not been the best way to go about it but at the end of the day Lerato, he's nothing like that jackass mate of yours. And you know that, don't demean him just because you're hurt."

It's time for me to do stuff violently as I throw my bag onto the couch, "Oh well excuse me for not pitying your scumbag, runaway, one way decision making brother! He made this decision, okay, and I don't give a shit if it's what he thought was best because it wasn't! It isn't! I've been through enough,"

My voice let me down as the words got choked up in my throat, "I've had not one but two mates leave me, two! Do you know what that feels like? Huh!? No, you fucking don't so don't you dare call me and tell me 'don't demean him just because you're hurt,' goddess, fuck you." I hung up.

Emotions overcame me once again as the sad reality sunk in, I was mate-less once again. I had been given two chances at love and neither of them worked out. Was I the issue? Was I just that unworthy of love, was I too much? Too broken, too fragile or just simply not worth it?

The last thing I ever expected was for him to leave and over something so frivolous? My goddess, I could have never seen it coming. Especially not so soon after finding out who I am to him... or who I was supposed to be, I guess.

Placing my hands at the back of my cornrowed head, I look up at the ceiling, "What's wrong with me!?" I cried out as though the Moon Goddess could hear me. As though she would grace me with her presence and explain to me why I didn't deserve a mate.

I put my head in my hands as I once again cried over this stupid predicament. I thought I was through with it but it's like the more I convince myself I'm over it and the more days pass whereby I think I am. The harder I cry once it catches up to me and reminds me that I'm not.

I pick myself up from the couch and slowly make my way to my room, hop in the shower and let the water drown away my tears. Feeling this way for the second time in a matter of months is heart wrenching.

I just can't believe my poor, distasteful luck anymore. I cover my face before I let out a scream that lasts as long as my throat will allow. I shrink to the bottom of the tiled wall and let the hot water scorch me.

When will I finally get my chance? When will I get to be happy?