T W E N T Y - F I V E

grace grundy, ocean.

I stare at Raheem as Kea checks on him, she orders a blood test be done as she works on his wounds. He doesn't make a move as she sews the cuts closed, this would help the regeneration process.

When silver is the cause of cuts and such the wolf must be stitched or else they won't heal. Alpha's or wolves of alpha blood being the exception because they will heal but it would take several hours maybe even days. Depending on the size and depth of the gash.

His eyes looked dazed and faraway, as though he was mind linking someone and trapped in an awful horror movie.

"Raheem," I tried again but he never lifted his gaze.

Kea offered me a small smile, "You know he won't respond, Lerato."

She was right, I knew he wouldn't and I knew what was wrong with him. She knew too, the test was just protocol my father hated doctors who just assumed based on their knowledge.

I brought my knees to my chin and turned away from him, I couldn't stand to see him look like this. What had happened?

I know they hate each other but why would this be the outcome? Did Motheo look like this too?

He couldn't possibly, Raheem looks as though he was jumped or something. He has been drugged, so he was obviously weakened and then attacked.

Would Motheo stoop that low? He is a Royal after all, wouldn't he send someone else to do something this petty and mind you, bloody. He barely wanted to get wet that day on the lake, I doubt he'd want blood on him.

So did he get someone else to do this?

I let out a frustrated groan, I don't understand any of this and I don't have Motheo's damn number. Goddess, I hate not having answers.

"I'm going to go see it I can speed up the results, I'm going to keep him here until he regains his usual consciousness. Do you know his family, is there anyone I should call?" Kea questions.

I shake my head, "That's not necessary, he's already on his way. His brother, that is, he knew Raheem was in danger before he even knocked on my door. So, he'll be here by tomorrow night. I know it..." I smiled at her, "Thank you, Kea."

She nodded, "Of course."

She shut the door as she slipped out the room, I walked over to Raheem who was seated on the bed. His legs were still swooped over hanging off the bed, only in his boxers. He had been helped in the shower by a male nurse so he was clean now.

I grabbed the hospital gown that Kea had set beside him, I held onto his forearm and gently stood him up. He obliged and I slipped it on him, pushing lightly on his stomach he sat back down.

I lifted his legs and he moved into the laying position, I smiled a little knowing that he was actually allowing me to help.

I reached to the end of the bed and pulled up the feather light duvet, just as I had gotten it to his stomach he stopped me. My brows furrowed as I glanced at him, obviously questioning his actions.

In his state I could easily overpower him but I didn't want to do that. I'm only here to help, if he didn't want the blanket over him, I wouldn't put it.