T W E N T Y - E I G H T

holy mattress money ft. evann mcintosh, pace myself.

I didn't get any sleep that night and in the early hours of that morning once I had bathed and gotten into a tracksuit I went to Anathi's house.

Finding out what Motheo did could wait, it really could. I've been so wrapped up in that feud that I've been neglecting myself and each day I spend wrapped up in it ends in some form of heartbreak.

As it stands I could care less about either party.

Anathi opened the door and I could tell by his face that he was about to go off at me for knocking on his door and six in the morning but as soon as he saw my tear stricken face his ushered me in without a word.

I felt so guilty just barging in on him like this, I could've gone to Amanda she has no mate. I wouldn't be burdening someone else, here I am. I'm burdening his little family but I suppose it's too late now.

I told him everything, I tried as best I could to stay audible when the tears won. I also tried to stay as quiet as possible and then he just moved us into his office which like any other room with a door was soundproof.

The only rooms that were forbidden by law to be soundproof are children's rooms for obvious reasons.

Once I was done he looked so pained, I had never seen my brother look so pained before, "Surely he should know that's not how this works. You are both each other's second chance. Nobody gets a third."

"From the moment he said the words I could feel the buzz coming from his chin on my head. It just switched on."

Anathi shook his head, "It was always on, sister. That's why you cared for him the way you did, that's why you were so drawn to him. All that happened when he told you was you accepting it. Once you accepted it, you felt it."

He was right, he was absolutely right. My chest got heavy and I sobbed, I thought I was done with all of this before but this. This was far worse, I cared about Raheem much much more than I ever had about Motheo. 

And his somewhat rejection hurt me way more than what was printed in the paper that day.

Anathi helped me to his guest room and lay with me until my tears stopped temporarily as sleep took over me. When I awoke my nephew was staring at me, "Hi Aunty Rato." He beamed at me.

I only hoped my face looked better today, I don't want to look like a zombie in front of my little baby boy. Zano is four years old but he is intelligent, surely the smartest of my three nephews at this age.

"Hi my baby boy, how are you?" I sat up in the bed, my body felt a little stiff as though I had been sleep for far too long.

I glance at the time and saw that it was nine in the morning, sheesh I've almost been asleep an entire day.

"I'm fine but aren't you hungry? I probably shouldn't tell you but Baba had Dr. Kea make you sleep for longer. You slept the whole day yesterday."

My eyes widened, "Oh your dad is very naughty."

His eyes doubled in size as he shook his head, "Nooo, he's very kind. You look better, yesterday you looked like you had two blue eyes. Today you look like yourself!" He cheered.