Chapter 15

Sometimes... having a tall and chiseled body with broad shoulders and seeing the world through deep brown eyes with a killer smile to boot, can suck the fun out of life. Just like that. It sucked. Sometimes.

You see it goes like this. When you are Raul Corpillo, you can have any woman you want. The only son and heir of the Corpillo fortune has had his fair share of women who came in all sizes and shapes. Of course, none could resisit the Sicillian charm that oozed out of the Itallian stallion. But right now, even with his bare chest in full view, he couldn't melt her heart or make her swoon all over him, like all the other women before had done so previously. Though Raul had considered it a challenge based on their previous encounters, Nadia Angelus was currently having a wall of stell around her heart.

Raul wondered if he should pick her up in his arms and kiss her crazy. He actually liked her taste of her lips. Sweet like the wine that came out of her vineyard. However, Raul had been careful to handle her with tender loving care. He couldn't push it as much as he was known for so doing. Nadia, was not like other girls. She had been shocked by the kiss but it was not enough for her to stay in his arms. Yet, she was here.

Raul sat next to her on the bed. Nadia's eyes were on the floor. Raul lifted his hand off his own lap and enclosed it over her wet and cold clenched fists. A shudder escaped her lips at his touch. A smiled curved up his face.

"Cara..." his gentle voice echoed in her ears, though they were sitting close to each other.

Nadia's eyes shifted from the floor to his legs, now set apart and she could see the spaces where the towel parted. Strong thighs that grew into powerful legs. She sat there, just staring. Courage in her had taken escape somewhere in the moment she decided to see Raul. Just like that. She was exposing herself to a man – letting him know she loved him and wanted to be with him. Nadia wasn't sure if this was a good idea. Raul had been mad when she saw him. She had put him far off, building a wall between them. Yet, she did not know how to handle the feelings for him. Feelings that had taken over to the point where they drove her to the point of leaving her home, sister, dog and business she had been working so hard to manage. To just see Raul Corpillo. Though she wasn't sure what had possessed her to do something crazy like this.

"Cara..."

His breath fell on her ears like hot steam yet she didn't want to turn away. Her lips parted. Now a sound came out. Not even the breath of a sound. She was nervous as her hands tightened under his palm.

"I'm glad you came." His voice was soft, just for her to hear.

She smiled.

"Look at me."

She made no move.

In a sweep, Raul was on the floor in front of her, kneeling. "Cara...look at me," he cupped her face between both his hands.

Her eyes were wide and she blinked as she stared into his eyes. Raul forced a smile. He just could not make out what was in her mind.

"There's something I need to confess to you."

The brokenness in his eyes surprised her.

"Confess?"

"Yes."

Her lips made a small parting. Raul couldn't stop but found himself covering her lips with his own. He kissed gently and lingered. How would she react after hearing what he's got to say. He couldn't keep it from her. All the stuff he had done with her cousin...well that's water under the bridge. And he would tell her one day, if she still wanted to give him a chance. Lifting his head, he looked directly into her eyes.