11 - Nirvana

Oh good grief! Nadia found herself fighting for breath as she caught the plethoric desire in Raul's eyes. In all her life, she had never crossed paths with a man with such ravenousness. Men hardly gave her a second look. Never once did she feel wanted by the opposite sex.

But the way, Raul was looking at her... that was something all new altogether. Blazing and overwhelming. His eyes felt possessive as they roamed all over her from head to toe and back up to her eyes. He held her prisoner, rooting her feet to the ground with just that one look. His dark eyes were claiming here even as they were standing at opposite corners of the dining hall.

She felt herself becoming undone and swiftly dragged her eyes to the ceiling where an enormous chandelier hung from the high ceiling. Her blood raced through her veins with excitement, making her heart thump faster and harder within.

Nadia's fingers gripped her red sequined clutch tightly. The red bustier gown that Eva had brought to her made her only more self-conscious. She had refused to leave her room in the dress but Gia, Gino and Eva had promptly dragged her down the stairs and into the waiting limousine.

"Raul," she began forcefully swallowing the lump in her throat. "This date is very unnecessary. I really have a lot of work to catch up on."

He didn't even bother to answer. Rather, he continued to survey her. The dress did more justice to her than he had thought. Eva had done her job well. He smiled. The long gown flowed around her ankles. The corset like top pushed up her b*easts, revealing the kind of cleavage a man like him would plunge into. He wouldn't be able to keep his hands off her tonight. His loins were giving him a stinging kick.

"Nadia," he breathed, forcing himself to stop what was happening in his pants.

"Raul, did you hear what I said."

"Yes Cara." He walked towards her. "Loud and clear."

It was a sensual wisecrack. And she wished he hadn't moved form where he was. He was nearing her.

Oh no. She breathed out unsteadily. Don't touch me. Her eyes pleaded as she saw him raise his hand.

Raul took her hand in his and raised it to his lips. He pasted a soft kiss on the back of her hand. And he took his time while he was at it. "You are such a gorgeous creature. Why did you hide such beauty from me all this time, mmm?" He lifted her chin.

Her eyes moved to his lips. She remembered what it was like to be kissed by him. And she hoped he would kiss her once more.

His lips parted and her heart thumped even louder with anticipation.

"Come, Cara. We eat now."

Nadia's heart sank but she allowed him to lead her by the hand to the dining table. His grip was firm, an indication that he wasn't about to let her go that easily. They sat at the table. She searched around, looking for butlers. Surely a man like Raul, who had no concern where money for his daily expenses were going to come from, had butlers and helpers at his beck and call.

"Looking for someone?" He asked sipping his red wine.

"Don't you have butlers and helpers?" She asked, finally resting her search on inquiry upon him.

"I do, of course. A bachelor like me is not interested in the affairs of the house." He handed her a glass of red. "Tonight, I sent them all home. I shall wait upon you for your every need." He emphasized on the last part before returning to sipping the wine.

The underlining of his words was not missed by Nadia. Her cheeks grew warm and she wished upon every star in the galaxy that she wasn't blushing. His tone teased her insides, making them feel like jelly.