Why me?

“No! No! Please don't be dead” I thought to myself. I quickly got ready and bolted down stairs I put on my black convers and bolted out the door after grabbing my phone. I started to run to her house but slowly started to walk to her house. It was about a 5 minute walk and when I got there I saw the police tape was all around. I walked towards it but before I could get close one of the cops stopped me. 

“What are you doing here?” The cop asked me 

“I wanted to see if my friend could hangout with me. Is she ok?” I asked him.

“Sorry but she died.” My heart stopped, so he did kill another one of my friends 

“From what?” I don’t know if I really want to know but I still asked him.

“She was poisoned.” 

“What! How?” 

“Sorry but that is classified.” I sighed and hung my head.

“Ok” 

“Its probably best you go” Looked up to see them bring out the body.  Her skin was pale and her brown eyes were now cold and dead. She wasn't breathing she was dead just like the cop had said. I sighed and tried holding back my tears. I back up looked at the cop.

“Fine I will go” I said and he nodded a little. I turned around and started to walk back to my house. I started to cry when I was far enough away from the house. “Another friend dead because of me.” I thought to myself. I got back to my house and shut the door. I slid down the door and started to cry into my hands. I pulled my knees up and just sat there crying. After about 3o minutes of sitting there crying. I pulled myself up and took out my phone from my pocket. No new messages ”good” I thought. I walked into the living room and turned on the T.V.

“Breaking News! another person found dead.” I quickly changed the channel.

“Breaking news!” I kept changing the channel but they were all the same. I put on Netflix and started to watch “Dog with a Blog”  It was about two hours after me finding about my friends death I got a text message. I looked at who it was from, it was from Adriana.

“Hey did you see the news?” It read. 

“Yeah :(” 

“Another one of our friends dead….. I hope they find the killer” 

“Yeah..” We stopped texting after that.   I sighed and stood up and went to the kitchen to get some water. When I got there I saw a note on the fridge. 

“We will be together tonight my love” My eyes widened as I read this. “I need to call the cops” I went to grab my phone in the living room, but there was a note where my phone was. 

“Don’t call the cops you are being so good. You don’t want another punishment do we?” I sighed as i read this, I can’t call the cops I don’t want any of my friends to get hurt because of me. I sat back on my couch and put my head in my hands. It was 2:00 when I got up to eat something. I went in the kitchen and made some chicken nuggets. It was about 8:00 when i decided to go to my bed. 

“I guess the person is coming.” I said out loud. I walked into my room to see a guy sitting on my bed.  He looked up at me and got up smiling at me. I started to backup towards the door. Before I could run the guy grabbed my arm and put a wet cloth over my mouth.  “No stay awake. Cant fall asleep” It wasn’t long till darkness took over me.