Helping Hand

Jack felt awful; the first mission that Ianto goes on and he gets beaten up and nearly slaughtered by humans. He refused to go to hospital, so Jack had Owen check him over and then he took him back to his apartment. Ianto would only let Owen check him over briefly but Owen decided that if he hadn't dropped dead by now then he probably wouldn't but that somebody needed to be with him at all times. Jack decided that he wanted to look after Ianto. Even if Owen hadn't said he needed somebody to go home with him Jack already knew that he was going to go home with him. Jack was never going to leave Ianto alone ever again. Jack knew he needed to be there for Ianto. To prove to him how important he is not only to the team but to Jack. Jack wants to prove to Ianto that he is worth so much more than he gives himself credit for. He always thinks he just sinks into the background. He doesn't realise just how vital he is to everyone.

The ride back for the countryside seemed long. There was only Jack, Ianto and Tosh left. Gwen went to the hospital and Owen went with her until Rhys could join her. Tosh got dropped off first at her apartment. Explaining that she would be fine but Jack told her to call if she needed anything even if it was just to talk and told her not to come into the Hub for at least a week but she could remote monitor it from home if she wanted from tomorrow but that she didn't have to. Once they bid their goodbyes. Both Jack and Ianto headed off to Ianto's apartment.

'Jack, why are you getting out of the car? I'm perfectly capable of looking after myself.'

'I know you are capable but that doesn't mean that you have to be.'

'But doesn't somebody need to look after the Hub.'

'I can watch it just as well from your apartment. Unless you really don't want me to stay. If you really don't want me to then I can go. Do you want me to go?'

'No.' Ianto says a little quicker than he would have liked. He wanted Jack to stay so much but he didn't want to sound needy. He wasn't the most important person, especially not to Jack.

As they enter the apartment, Ianto goes to the fridge for a bottle of water and Jack just stands there watching him before he finally speaks. 'Ianto why don't you go to bed? You look like you could sleep for a month.'

'I will. I'm just going to go in the shower first and wash all of this shit off of me.'

'I could help you if you want.' Jack says. Surprisingly there is no hint of flirtation in his voice.

'I can do it by myself.' Ianto says. He desperately wants Jack to put up a fight and tell him that he needs help, but he doesn't know if Jack will.

'I know that you can do it by yourself. But you don't have to. I don't want you to have to go through this alone.'

'Okay.' Ianto says.

'I'll be on my best behaviour.' Jack promises as Ianto raises his eyebrows. 'I will. I don't want to do anything to hurt you. I just want to help you.'

Ianto saw the look of uneasiness in Jack's expression. 'I know you would never hurt me.'

As Jack and Ianto arrived in the bathroom, Ianto began turning the water on as Jack stripped himself first and then helped Ianto strip because it was clear that he couldn't do it by himself despite his protests that he could.

'Yan, why didn't you let Owen check you out. You are covered in bruises.'

'I wasn't that hurt. He just gave me some strong painkillers. I'll be fine.'

'Not that hurt! Ianto you spent more time with them than anybody. I'm going to go and call Owen.'

Ianto turned around sharply and gasped as his ribs protested as he tried to grasp Jack's arm. 'Please don't.'