|eikosi|

Untouched

All Rights Reserved

© 2014 Luna Black

~*~

Darling, tell me what more can I do? Don’t you know that I was meant for you? You say I feel like heaven on Earth-

“But you’d never know what heaven was if it wasn’t for her!” Ariel slurred, falling to her knees as she continued singing to the music replaying in the radio. Her hair fell around her face, sticking to her cheeks from the sticky tears that were drying on her skin.

She sniffled, raising her bottle of liquor and continued slurring words with Beba Rexha. She had become addicted to the upbeat song. It was as if she wrote it knowing what she’d feel after finding Hades’ making out with Persephone.

Her heart couldn’t withstand the amount of pain it felt. Her mind couldn’t process it correctly and she felt dizzy with pain the more she thought about it. So she decided that numbing out the pain was the best way to go.

Tears clouded her vision as she released the bottle of liquor and she stared up at the ceiling. Her life wasn’t a fairy-tale, that much she knew, but it was turning out to be a complete and utter tragedy.

She finally allowed herself to love again after four years of fear, to only be shattered by the one person who could break her curse. A loud sob exploded through her chest, echoing around the empty dance room and she curled her legs into her chest, holding her knees tightly.

Half of her had wanted to confront them on the spot, but she feared that she wasn’t strong enough. There were certain things that Ariel didn’t believe she could do—and standing up to the man that she had professed her undying love for, was one of them.

The other half wanted to grab Persephone and watch as she writhed away to death like the malevolent goddess she was. Never would she have thought that hating someone could be so grandiose, but in that moment her love for the god had turned into complete hate.

She hated him for making her love him, for promising something he couldn’t uphold to and managing to have definite control over her emotions.

But she hated herself more. She hated that she wasn’t strong enough to face him and tell him off. She hated that had met him and fell for him harder than ever before. Loving someone the way she loved Hades shouldn’t have been possible and she doubted that Eros would waste his time shooting arrows at them.

A loud growl rumbled past her lips as she clutched at her aching heart. Whenever someone mentioned heartbreak she thought it was figuratively, but now, as she lay on the hardwood floor, she could see where the term originated.

If her heart was capable of hurting any more, she’d have to rip it out herself.

“Well, well, well,” A soft voice spoke from behind her, making her gasp as her eyes met with Derick’s, “what do we have here?”

She whimpered, not having the strength to fight him and returned to her previous, foetal position. “What are you doing here?” Her voice cracked at the end, but she didn’t bother repeating herself.

Derick shook his head, kneeling next to her and brushed his cold fingers down the side of her face. “Why are you crying so much, Ariel? He’s just a god—or wait, you love him? You actually fell in love with him?” He cackled, throwing his head back as she shrugged his touch away. “You know,” he mused, “I think it’s even funnier that you thought he would love you back.”

“Shut up,” she whispered, hiding her face in her arms as she tried to drown away his comments.

“No,” he began walking around her in loops, circling her like an animal would its pray. “I think you need to hear this. After all, you did take me out of my misery of being with you; don’t you think I should repay you?”