|dodeka|

Untouched

All Rights Reserved

© 2014 Luna Black

~*~

“So,” Hermes began as the couple entered the room, “are you letting Ariel come with me Hades?”

He shook his head, placing his hand on the small space of her back and said, “I’ll be giving her the tour; after all it is my kingdom.”

“Very well,” he grinned, as if he knew something that they didn’t. “Since you’re coming, I guess we can have the tour today. I left someone in charge of the souls.”

Ariel narrowed her eyes and winked at Adrianne who had dark red cheeks. She smiled timidly, looking down at the floor and stood by her side as the Gods argued on which route it would be best to begin.

“So…” Ariel grinned, “what do you think of Hermes?”

She shrugged, watching as the god threw his hands in the air and glared at Hades. “He’s nice, extremely flirtatious, but he’s nice.”

“Do you like him?” She nudged her with her elbow playfully.

Adrianne laughed, shaking her head and snorted. “Hermes is almost the exact counterpart of Aphrodite. He has more than a 100 wives and I am not looking for that. I want a man that will stand by my side and just my side. Not three hundred others.”

Ariel giggled, lowering her voice to a whisper as both men continued to argue and said, “You know…guys can change.”

“Psh,” she snorted, shaking her head, “Hermes is definitely not one of those men.”

“Aw come on!” She grinned, “He’s adorable and he totally has the hots for you.”

“So?” She narrowed her eyes, “He just met me today. Contrary to the rest of the women he’s been with, he’ll have to earn my heart.”

“It’s my kingdom!” Hades bellowed, sounding like an impatient child, “I think I know which of the routes are best to take.”

Hermes rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest and said, “I spend more time travelling around it than you do!”

Ariel sighed, shaking her head and turned to Adrianne. “How about we just go by ourselves and leave the boys and their arguing alone?” She nodded, following the young woman down the stairs, to what she believed, were the doors to the exit.

As they neared the high obsidian doors, Hades and Hermes stopped their immature arguing and appeared at their sides. Before either could begin their fight again, Ariel smiled at them and said, “How about I decide where I want to go?

They nodded obediently, biting back their tongues to keep from arguing with her. She rolled her eyes, letting out a quiet laugh as Adrianne winked at her.

The large black doors opened slowly and Ariel took a deep breath, feeling nervous and excited. She expected the Underworld to be dark and eerie like Hades’ castle, but as the doors continued opening, her jaw dropped open.

Again, she could only think of writing a very long letter to Disney about his depiction of Hades and the Underworld. In fact, anyone who had described the Underworld had not been correct, for the kingdom was beautiful.

“Oh my god,” Ariel breathed, blinking slowly as she took everything in.

Green long fields of grass and tall trees adorned the outside with beautiful roses of every kind adding to the finishing touches. The location of the sunlight was impossible to make out, but it was there. It felt good and warm against her skin for she hadn’t been outside in a long while.