Chapter 24

2016

Today is Rick's third year death anniversary.

I stood by the lake, the exact spot that he took his last breath. My heart stopped aching when I think about Rick. We stopped hearing from Diana. Randall tried hunting to look for her tracks. But there was none.

"Mummy!" Ryder came running down from Dream Lake, wrapping his little arms around my leg, "Daddy said mummy is here to remember daddy Rick. So we went to get flowers! One for daddy Rick, one for mummy!"

Randall sauntered towards us with a smirk, he held up the two flowers and passed me one, "This one is for Rick,"

Ryder took the other flower, "This one is for you, mummy!"

Randall sighed, ruffled Ryder's hair, "Stop stealing your mum from me! I paid for those,"

I threw my head back and laughed, accepting the flowers and kissed Ryder, "Thank you, Ry. Can you hold onto mummy's flower for me while I give your dad a kiss?"

"Okay, I won't look!" Ryder closed his green eyes and turned away.

Randall stifled a smile, pulled me towards him placed a knee-buckling kiss on my lips, then he reached for my hand, kissed the wedding band that he got for me after we registered our marriage in Europe, "Hi,"

"Aunty Rina! Nana! Papa!" Little Ryder shouted across the field when he sees Karina, Gemma and Ray strolling down towards us.

Karina is holding her own flowers and a smile is clearly evident on her beautiful face. She reached us and greeted her nephew, "Ry ry, come and give your aunt a big sloppy kiss,"

Karina has worked so damn hard that she is now the queen in the fashion world. We were so proud of her when her name was listed as the top three fashion designer. Also, she is dating Dr. Carl.

Gemma came and gave us a hug, "How was the tour in Europe?"

I lifted my hand up to show them the wedding band. Gemma gasped, smiling as she pulled me in for another hug, "Oh god. I am so happy for the both of you!"

Gemma and my mum finally revealed the book that they have been working on. It was the story of Rick and I. I was so touched, when they presented the book to me during my last exhibition, also consisting the story of Rick. My mum has made a huge progress. She has been holding book signing all over the world. Her books are incredible.

Ray engulfed me in a tight hug, "Congratulations, El." He then reached for his son, "About damn time,"

Randall chuckled, "Thanks dad,"

Karina took my hand and clicked her tongue, "No announcement? No wedding?"

"Nope," I said and Randall continued, kissed my temple, "Just the two of us,"

"And me!" Ryder smiled, "I helped daddy to pick the rings!"

Randall rolled his eyes, grabbed Ryder into his arms and started biting gently on Ryder's face and neck, causing Ryder to get into uncontrollable fits of laughter.

I took the wedding rings of Rick and I, tied it to the flowers. Randall held me in his arms as I passed the flowers to Ryder, "Go ahead, placed it on the water."

Ryder did as told. Along with Karina's, the flowers drifting down the stream. I placed my hand on my heart, looking at my family, forever and always.

<THE END>