Chapter 17

THE SIEGE OF THE NORTH

Persephone was running along the bridges of the Northern Water Tribe, little boys and girls chasing after her as she laughed with them

Persephone was running along the bridges of the Northern Water Tribe, little boys and girls chasing after her as she laughed with them. She was tackled to the ground, the Fire Bender girl being tackled by small children, only for snow and ash to fall from the sky. Persephone stopped laughing, the children getting off her as they looked at the ground to see the soot mixing with the snow.

Persephone looked to them and grabbed two hands. "Alright, we should get you guys home. Something bad is going to happen." She said, bringing every child home safely while they were sounding off alarms and getting ready for battle.

"The day we have feared for so long has arrived- - the Fire Nation is on our doorstep. It is with great sadness I call my family here before me, knowing well that some of these faces are about to vanish from our Tribe... but they will never vanish from our hearts. Now, as we approach the battle for our existence, I call upon the great spirits... spirit of the ocean, spirit of the moon, be with us! I'm going to need volunteers for a dangerous mission..." the chief called out, and Sokka was the first to stand.

"Count me in." Sokka said.

"Sokka..." Katara stated.

"Be warned: many of you will not return. Come foreword to receive my mark if you accept the task." The chief said and Sokka did so, Persephone frowning as the next morning came and Aang and Persephone were watching the waters closely. "The stillness before battle is unbearable. Such a quiet dread."

"I wasn't there when the Fire Nation attacked my people. I'm gonna make a difference this time." Aang promise the chief of the Water Tribe and they all got ready for the battle.

Everyone stood in the walls, seeing one ship out in the water as it fired their fire balls at the wall. No one was ready for it, everyone being thrown off the wall as Persephone looked to Aang. "You need to take me to the ship with you Aang. Maybe we can stop them before they come to the city." She told him, Aang nodding his head as they got on Appa.

"Yip yip!" Aang yelled, Appa flying as fast as he could to the Fire Navy ship. Persephone was trying to use her fire bending to move the fire balls towards the water, Aang doing the same with his air bending as they tried to deflect as many as they could.

"We still take it from here, boy." Aang said, and Persephone dropped down first, taking her deep breath as she used her fire bending to attack the soldiers, letting them be distracted so Aang could get rid of the weapons on the ship. She kicked her feet out, using the flames from her toes to knock the soldiers unconscious as she then flipped up and grabbed two soldier's heads and knocked them together.